January 13 2009 03:38PM
Look at this picture that we were sent by a reader of the Nation. It's so sweet that merely looking at it gave us a case of Type-II diabetes. Apparently it’s a baby yoga class chock-a-block with Oilers fans of the future just waiting to learn to read and write so they can come on here and yell at Robin Brownlee. But don’t let those babies fool you –- they will gouge out your eyes given half a chance.
There are things you know in life, Nation, and there are things that you don’t know. We all know where the Oil are in the standings right now, the 1,305,349 things that are wrong with the team and the 2,406,540 things that could be done to fix them. We'll spare you reading another paragraph about any of these matters going into the game tonight.
Instead we give you an option.
You can read about the Capitals here or you can read a list of 10 interesting facts that we guarantee you didn’t already know. You choose, Nation –- it’s your life.
10 important facts you didn’t already know
- The dot over the letter “i” is called a tittle.
- A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
- It is estimated that at any one time around 0.7% of the world’s population is drunk.
- On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents every day somewhere in the world.
- John Wilkes Booth’s brother once saved the life of Abraham Lincoln’s son.
- About 200,000,000 M&Ms are sold each day in the United States.
- The first bomb the Allies dropped on Berlin in WWII killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- If you put a drop of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
- Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
- Every year, four people in the UK die putting their trousers on.
You're welcome society.
The Oil will be joined by 150 Canadian Soldiers who are being honored at the Verizon Centre, along with Corporal Mark Fuchko, Master Corporal Colin A. Johnston and Corporal James Ryan Douglas who flew with the Oilers to Washington. That’s 15 kinds of classy Oil. Well done.