First Star, Worst Star: Youtube Edition

jeanshorts
November 18 2009 04:21PM

Well, well, well. It appears to me that with Wanye hiding out from the law in parts unknown, that I've officially become the 6th coolest writer on this website. Take that my entire 8th grade class who refused to sign my yearbook! Who's the loser now? *Still me*

First Star
First Star to Rick Nash for this ridiculous shootout goal.

Remember when Crosby broke into the league, and he started the trend of kicking one skate up to throw off the goalie in a shootout? Well Rick Nash is taking this one step further. Look at that! Giguere was so confused he forgot he was still playing hockey. I'm pretty sure he thought he was having a stroke. He definitely started to smell burnt toast, I can tell you that much. This play reminds me of those skating drills we used to have to do early on in our hockey careers. You know, going on one foot and doing C cuts or whatever. Helps you practice your balance. Clearly it paid off for ol' Rick. Look for this move to catch on like wildfire around the rest of the NHL. This is the new Forsberg people!
Also watch for Rick Nash to pull this same move off in the Olympics and be forever remembered via commerative stamp!

Worst Star
Worst Star goes out to Henrik Andersen of Leksand in the Tier 2 Swedish League. Henrik was celebrating his first goal as a member of Leksand, and I'll give it to him, this is a mighty greasy deke. I can't think of a better way to start off your goal scoring career. His celebration, however, needs a little work.

Every time Georges Laraque scored a goal at Rexall I cringed in anticipation of this happening. Imagine you were 8 years old, going to your first hockey game (your dad is clearly a rich A-hole, being able to afford seats in the Golds and all). Your squadron of heroes takes the lead on a goal from a fan favorite enforcer. You see him barreling toward you as you stand up and pump your fists in the air in celebration. The next thing you know you wake up in intensive care at the Royal Alex hospital because you have a collapsed lung after being crushed by 255 pounds of gentle giant. Thankfully in Edmonton we make sure the glass is held sturdy inside the stanchions, able to withstand the force of, oh I don't know, a grown man being smashed into it at full speed. But then again, I guess they're not anticipating a whole lot of hitting in the Swedish Adult Rec League. Henrik, I give you an 8 for the goal, and a 3 for the celebration. Definitely needs some fine tuning.

Quote Of The Week

AlbertaRanger:
I have now accepted that the Edmonton Oilers are the Toronto Blue Jays of the NHL.

You know, I don't follow baseball outside of watching highlights on Sportscenter, and I'll watch the occasional game or two of October baseball, but if there was ever a correct statement it would be this one. Let's see here: Come into the season with a lot of optimism? Check. Appear to have a pretty solid line up, though could use a few key players? Check. Come flying out of the gate and win their first 28 games? Check. Immediately crap the bed and lose 65-70% of the remaining 409 games of the season? Check. Oh to go back to glory days that were back to back World Series wins. I still hold Joe Carter in higher regard than most of my uncles. What a time to be alive!

75ae3221a8d731ece044e1f6246b2c2d
I like picking up chicks and then not sleeping with them. Follow me @JSBMJeanshorts.
#1 Shapeman
November 18 2009, 04:23PM

fist me!

#2 Shapeman
November 18 2009, 04:27PM

and that really was a fail celebrationg i would hate ot be behind that glass if souray took a shot

#3 Eric Johnson
November 18 2009, 04:38PM

It looked like Nash had joined the cast of Battle of the Blades.

#4 Librarian Mike
November 18 2009, 04:38PM

I'd like to see Souray celebrate a goal by punching the glass and having it shatter...and we all know he could do it if he wanted to.

#6 David S
November 18 2009, 04:49PM

I saw that Nash goal the other night. Still trying to figure out what the f0ck that was all about. But it worked, didn't it. Heh heh.

BTW - I'm a big fat stinky butt and I like to smell my own butt. (FIXED- love JS)

#7 Librarian Mike
November 18 2009, 04:52PM
jeanshorts wrote:

Remember that game last season, where Souray and Moreau both dropped the gloves at the same time, and Big Sex pushed Moreau out of the way so he could duke it out via fisticuffs? Imagine how much more awesome that would have been if he would have just started fighting Moreau!

You just made me spit up coffee all over my new cardigan. Well done.

#8 Dyckster
November 18 2009, 04:58PM
David S wrote:

Bad jeanshorts, BAD. You keep up that behaviour and we'll be forced to stick your nose in "it". Sorry David S., training a jeanshorts with an itchy edit button is tough work and not without it's sacrifices. jeanshort's nose, meet David S' butt.

#10 Dyckster
November 18 2009, 05:06PM
jeanshorts wrote:

Believe me, it wouldn't be the first time something of mine has met David S' butt.......

Whoever decided to give me any amount of power clearly made a huge mistake. It's like Hedonsim up in here!

You're a proctologist too? I hope for Davis S' sake you have short skinny fingers with well manicured nails.

#11 David S
November 18 2009, 05:11PM

Well goodness me. Looks like Jeanshorts pulled a fast one there. Ha ha!

I am beside myself with fail.

#12 David S
November 18 2009, 05:15PM

Here's one for you JS...

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Y6HVastZI

#14 AlbertaRanger
November 18 2009, 05:27PM

@jeanshorts

A failure to address key holes in the roster every season. Check. A stopping ground for young players to grow in professional sports--that is before they get traded or choose to play somewhere else. Check. A dead zone for any marquee free agent to sign or stay there (i.e. Roger Clemens, Chris Pronger, etc.) Check.

Thanks by the way... :-)

#16 cableguy - 2nd Tier Fan
November 18 2009, 05:48PM

@jeanshorts

high five for getting a hold of brownlee's 1964 Halloween picture..

#17 rubbertrout
November 18 2009, 05:52PM

@Librarian Mike

How did I guess that you were wearing a cardigan? Creepy.

#18 SirFozz
November 18 2009, 05:52PM
jeanshorts wrote:

#19 Shannon
November 18 2009, 05:56PM

@Librarian Mike

What Mike!? I'm a librarian as well and I too own a cardigan! Wow. No stereotypes here!

#20 cableguy - 2nd Tier Fan
November 18 2009, 05:59PM
Shannon wrote:

do you have the sexy dark rimmed glasses, short skirt, and your hair up?

***drools in the corner***

#21 Librarian Mike
November 18 2009, 06:15PM
cableguy - 2nd Tier Fan wrote:

do you have the sexy dark rimmed glasses, short skirt, and your hair up?

***drools in the corner***

*lets hair down*

#22 Gregors dirty 'stash
November 18 2009, 06:33PM

Jeanshorts,

I was jsut going through my old hockey cards, and saw that guy as your pic, who is that, i put it away without checking?

#23 Corsby31
November 18 2009, 08:15PM

Dear Oilers,

I just wanted to take this moment (as I'm watching you get drilled by the AV's) to tell you how unhappy I am. I know you don't care, that much is clear, but seeing as how I have a Oiler tatoo, an entire room painted in your colors as well a several thousand dollars worth of Oiler stuff, I feel compelled to vent. To be honest, I don't even really care if you win, but what ever happend to the work ethic you used to have? What happened to bangging and crashing, being able to complete a pass (even 2 in a row), getting the puck out of your own zone, winning the odd faceoff, and\or scoring? I realize your not that good of a team (thanks Lowe) but you can still put in an honest effort. Please pull you head out of your asses and play hockey, do it cause you love it, like you used to while you were kids because, if you do not I fear I will have to find someone else to cheer for, and I really don't want to do that. All you have done is take my money and my time and now I want something back.

Please just work harder, make smarter plays...that is all I ask...

Thanks,

Unhappy Mike.

#24 Sammy D
November 18 2009, 08:51PM
Librarian Mike wrote:

*lets hair down*

ok... not sleeping tonight... pouring bleach into my eyes to burn out that image...

#25 The Towel Boy
November 18 2009, 08:58PM

Just so we're all clear here...Shannon is a dude, right?

#26 Travis Dakin
November 18 2009, 08:58PM
jeanshorts wrote:

Bwahahahahahha!

That's your damn quote of the week right there.

#27 David S
November 18 2009, 11:03PM
Corsby31 wrote:

Dear Oilers,

Please just work harder, make smarter plays...that is all I ask...

Thanks,

Unhappy Mike.

Looks like somebody is going to be damn glad that edit button exists now.

#28 baggedmilk
November 19 2009, 05:32AM

God, even from over here, you're still unfunny. You're so lucky I'm lazy, or I'd come home from Asia just to slap you. Dammit, now I've ruined your Christmas present.

#29 Clarkenstein
November 19 2009, 08:34AM
Travis Dakin wrote:

Bwahahahahahha!

That's your damn quote of the week right there.

Has there ever been an Oiler Captain with less respect from the fans? Nope.

#30 David S
November 19 2009, 08:35AM
baggedmilk wrote:

Holy shi..

*passes out in amazement*

#31 Bigoil
November 19 2009, 10:28AM

Sheldon Souray = Canadian version of Chuck Norris

Is there anything he cant do?

#32 Corsby31
November 19 2009, 01:03PM

One game does not a season make....

#33 Travis Dakin
November 19 2009, 04:28PM
Clarkenstein wrote:

Has there ever been an Oiler Captain with less respect from the fans? Nope.

Shane Corson

#34 Wanye
November 19 2009, 05:49PM
Travis Dakin wrote:

Shane Corson

Checkmate.

#35 Austin Ayala
November 20 2009, 07:08AM

Dear John Short,

Should i stop reading the sun?

Austin Ayala reporting...