Frozen in Time II

Wanye
February 25 2009 11:15AM

lockedyeyes

On February 24th 2009, Edmonton Oilers Head Coach Craig MacTavish locked eyes with an Oilers fan sitting behind the bench prior to the game against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

This is their story.

MacTavish: “And just what the hell are you looking at there Missy?”

Girl: [snaps fingers in MacT’s general direction] “Not a whole hell of a lot from where I’m standing, you fossil.”

MacTavish: “Is that so? Seems to me one of us had to pay to get in here and one of us has been hasn’t paid for a ticket in years.”

Girl: “Seems to me everyone in the building knows the best Coach this team has had in the last five years was traded to Anaheim in 2007”

MacTavish: “I’m getting sick of all you fans bashing me. I have half a mind to come over this glass and show you how I got these teardrop tattoos.”

Girl: “I’m no Harvey the Hound, MacT. You come over this glass at me and you will have to deal with the Star of the Senior Girls wrestling team at O’Leary High”

Sam Gagner: “I wonder if I remembered to put my cup on...”

MacT: “Do you think that scares me? Did you know that I used to be Captain up in this bitch back in the day? I didn’t even wear a helmet either. I had this sweet afro deal tha-“

Dude to the left of Billy Moores head: “Did I really just pay $46 dollars for two beers? Now that can’t be right...”

Girl: “I could care less if you taught Gretzky himself to skate backwards, MacT. You get this team into the playoffs stat or me and the rest of Rexall may just come over the glass for YOU.”

MacTavish: [swallows nervously, adjusts tie] Well, I … er.

Sam Gagner: [sighs contentedly] “Oh yeah there it is. The ol' boys are snug as a bug in a rug...”

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#1 Rice
February 25 2009, 11:23AM

I hate forgetting my cup

#2 Rice
February 25 2009, 11:24AM

@ Rice: oh yeah FMNF

#3 RLH
February 25 2009, 11:28AM

I particularly like where Sam "signs contentedly". Nice Freudian slip. Perhaps he's getting paid for each signature?

#4 Wanye Gretz
February 25 2009, 11:29AM

RLH wrote:

I particularly like where Sam “signs contentedly”. Nice Freudian slip. Perhaps he’s getting paid for each signature?

Eek. *fixed*

#5 humantorch
February 25 2009, 11:41AM

FMNF.

That is all.

#6 The Towel Boy
February 25 2009, 11:43AM

It's like I was there.

#7 Hoodlum
February 25 2009, 11:55AM

Are those the seats that Mrs. Cogliano won?? Wait is that MacT fighting with Mrs. Cogliano?

#8 BUCK75 - FMNF
February 25 2009, 12:02PM

You forgot to mention Dustin Penner starring at the Old Dutch Nacho Stand behind Section 128...

#9 Peter Pan
February 25 2009, 12:12PM

And that Billy Moores is holding a "Top Ten Reason's Kelly Buchberger Should Be Shot Before He Becomes The Next Head Coach" List.

#10 Thenosebleedsection.
February 25 2009, 12:13PM

BUCK75 - FMNF wrote:

he has the smile of a champ knowing that at the first intermission he will get all the nachos he can pack away in 20 minutes.

#11 Tombo
February 25 2009, 12:15PM

Bahahahaha, classic.

FMNF

#12 I Am The Law - FMNF
February 25 2009, 12:15PM

BUCK75 - FMNF wrote:

Or Souray staring into Karri Ramo's soul, crushing it with his willpower, which lead to the Cole and Strudwick goals early on.

I love that man.

#13 jeanshorts
February 25 2009, 12:19PM

Sam Gagner: Oh. My. God! Did Tom make sure to set the Tivo for Grey's Anatomy tonight?

#14 Sars
February 25 2009, 12:33PM

LMAO!!!! That was a nice little pick me up during a crappy day at work!

#15 Milli
February 25 2009, 12:34PM

hahahah.....thats classic.....I was waiting for the mact and her luv in....ARG!!!!!

#16 Brent G.
February 25 2009, 12:36PM

lol your a funny guy Wayne Gretz. I actually laughed out loud when I read the title.

#17 Bob Cob
February 25 2009, 12:41PM

Dustin Penner: Nacho, Nacho man.....I'm gonna be your Nacho Man"

#18 Rick
February 25 2009, 12:42PM

Man was I off base.

When I first saw the picture I was expecting to read a love story.

#19 shakey
February 25 2009, 12:44PM

We now have proof...MacT says he has half a mind. Stupid dummy head.

#20 OvenChicken8
February 25 2009, 12:57PM

That was a really good read... too bad my boss thinks I'm a moron for laughing in a silent office area!

#21 jeanshorts
February 25 2009, 01:10PM

OvenChicken8 wrote:

#22 The Towel Boy
February 25 2009, 01:23PM

jeanshorts wrote:

OvenChicken8 wrote: That was a really good read… too bad my boss thinks I’m a moron for laughing in a silent office area! Are you not allowed to make eye contact with anyone either? And you all have to wear the same grey suit?

shhh...they're listening....

#23 Colin
February 25 2009, 01:25PM

You forgot Penner: "I totally scored an awesome Hat trick the othernight"

Everyone else: "For the last time going to MacDonalds, Wendys and Burger King in one night isn't a hat trick!"

#24 airdawg
February 25 2009, 01:25PM

a dabacle of monumental proportions...

#25 OvenChicken8
February 25 2009, 02:39PM

@ jeanshorts: lol, when you've already been warned about spending too much time on sport, I repeat Sport, sites... Laughing at this story gets a guy in trouble :(

#26 Greg MC
February 25 2009, 03:01PM

MacT to Female Fan (with smile)- My hair is curly all over, honey... Female fan to MacT (with grimace) - Just coach or something!

#27 Harry Merkin
February 25 2009, 03:52PM

Hey Wanye i dont think your girlfriend would be happy about you posting a pic of her on the nation, it's not the most flatering picture.

#28 Jason Gregor
February 25 2009, 03:52PM

Hoodlum wrote:

Nope...I met Mrs. Colgiano and she is much smaller than miss-behind-the-bench...Just saying...

#29 Girl in the pic
February 25 2009, 06:45PM

O_O I am on the interwebs!

#30 Bruno
February 25 2009, 06:50PM

O'leary ?? Why O'leary?? lol I actually went there. Funny Chit..

#31 Bruno
February 25 2009, 07:05PM

Brent G. wrote:

Oh did you now. Your jealousy is oozing out of your foul mouth Brent G. 1 Dumb F@#k 2 Stupid @ss 3 F#ggo% 4 Moron Hum very creative choice of names you burp when your Jealous ...Sounds familiar??? The only reason you dont like your teams history because well ,I already explained it to you Peace!

#32 Smokin' Ray
February 25 2009, 10:47PM

Seriously Wanye... Once a week JSBM (because they are killer at finding stupid pictures) should post a picture like this and then we can all make fun of it. I had some good laughs today. Greys Anatomy... that's rich.

#33 Travis Dakin
February 25 2009, 11:20PM

@ Bruno: What in the hell?

#34 Colin
February 26 2009, 07:58AM

Not to pick nits on a hilarious post but: If you're referring to pronger he was traded in 2006. If you're referring to smyth he was traded to the islanders.

#35 Travis Dakin
February 26 2009, 08:37AM

Colin wrote:

Not to pick nits on a hilarious post but: If you’re referring to pronger he was traded in 2006. If you’re referring to smyth he was traded to the islanders.

It's ok, Wanye screws up the dates all the time. We come to accept this as life. If he says it was '07 then it was '07.

#36 Harlie Chuddy
February 26 2009, 08:39AM

Penner: "I hope Sam doesn't figure out I'm wearing his cup and that he's wearing mine. It will be my little secret!"

#37 Harlie Chuddy
February 26 2009, 08:48AM

Girl: "hmmm...why does Penner have that sinister look on his face? He better notta done something to my boy Sam Gamges...or I'm gonna go all Christian Bale on MacT!"

MacT: "I think that fat ugly chick wants me! Now where is that damn Usher when I need him? He better have that stack of my business cards with him or I'm gonna rip him in the media!"

Billy Moores: "I wonder if my stache will ever rival Lanny's?"

Sam Gagner: "man my balls feel itchy right now."

Penner: "man Sam's cup is small! Oh well, I like a nice tight fit."

#38 Amber
February 26 2009, 09:23AM

MacTavish: "Listen young lady, we're going for a few celebratory drinks after the game. If I were you I'd be cautious crossing the street. Bad things can happen. Trust me."

#39 Wanye Gretz
February 26 2009, 09:34AM

@ Colin: @ Travis Dakin:

I do screw up dates all the time. My mental calendar has three squares on it. "Before" "Now" and "Later"

#40 Brent G.
February 26 2009, 11:20AM

@ Amber: LOL oooo too soon.

#41 docweb
February 26 2009, 06:06PM

I know I'm late...I'm old.

But I just fell out my chair laughing!!!

Help...I can't get up.