PFD No. 3: Call me an optimist (no seriously get one on the phone)

Ryan Lambert
April 20 2009 03:32PM

home_cooking

Welcome to the third Playoff Fire Drill, for this, Calgary’s third postseason game on April 20, 2009.

This is what the Flames need to win.

Home games, I mean. I think we all know just how bad Calgary was on the road this year, and I think, by extension, we all know how much better they were at home.

And that's why — and I can't believe I'm actually going to say this — the Flames are going to win tonight.

Well, not really. I don't think so at all. But I'd *like* to think so. And in fact, I would like it very much if some people could give me a bunch of reasons as to why the Flames actually will win this one tonight. I cannot think of any outside of "The Flash and Superman have signed ATO contracts and are eligible to play in tonight's game." I actually think the Flash could help the transition a lot.

Who:

The Calgary Flames (the fifth seed in the West) and the Chicago Blackhawks (the fourth seed). The latter team leads the series 2-0 and 6-4 on aggregate.

When:

7:30 p.m. Mountain time and 9:30 p.m. Eastern time. All other time zones should think about what words they're saying.

Where:

Pengrowth Saddledome, Calgary, Alberta.

Calgary was 27-10-4 at home this year, and still has yet to win a game against Chicago this season. The Blackhawks were 22-15-4 on the road.

What (to hate about the Blackhawks):

Patrick Kane — He's a game-time decision tonight because he's afraid of Rene Bourque demolishing him for another 60 minutes.

Jonathan Toews — Gotta keep an eye on that boy, he's something special.

The Blackhawks TV guys — Believe me, I saw some of their production, and I will say with absolute certainty that they're nowhere near as entertaining as Roger Millions.

Why?

Because there's probably only two games left! Enjoy the game and start planning your loooooong summer in the comments section.

686dfac3780611cb7acad6ce5166c6c1
#1 ngthagg
April 20 2009, 06:08PM

I can handle anything tonight, a blowout, a close game, whatever, anything except giving up a lead. If we take a lead tonight, we bloody well better hold on to it and win.

#2 Blazing Ace
April 20 2009, 06:47PM

It is going to take all of the discipline I have in my being to watch this game tonight.

Challenge accepted.

#3 Fortboy
April 20 2009, 07:47PM

Toews to Sharp. Kane not required.

#4 Chris
April 20 2009, 07:51PM

Ever see a sea of RED become a sea of Dead?

#5 TLP
April 20 2009, 08:03PM

one supposes that a good number of people drowned during the jews' escape from egypt during the whole red sea-parting thing. or are we talking about two separate things?

#6 Chris
April 20 2009, 09:08PM

Huge goal. I was beginning to wonder if the Flames were going to finish the season with the same number of playoff wins as the Oilers.

#7 The Menace
April 20 2009, 10:22PM

That second Hawks goal was clasic Dion: make a big hit, admire it, then turn around to see the other team score as the play has blown right by him. Classic Dion!

#8 RossCreek
April 20 2009, 10:35PM

We got a new series boys. Buckle up, this one's goin the distance. Keep poundin 'em!

#9 ngthagg
April 20 2009, 10:53PM

This is shaping up to be as competitive as you might hope from a 4v5 series. PIT-PHI as well.

I wonder if Chicago sticks with 'Bulin for Wednesday? He let in some real stinkers tonight.

#10 Blazing Ace