January 22 2010 01:31PM
Calgary Flames: 1 -- Lundmark
Chicago Blackhawks: 3 -- Kane, Eager [GWG], Keith [EN]
Sorry for the late post, but aside from posting from a different computer today, I'm getting awfully tired of recapping losses. Six in a row as a matter of fact. That, and I had to turn the computer over to a "Dora-game-playing-monster" for awhile, something I had absolutely no issue in doing given the sad state of affairs, lol.
I think TLP summed it up nicely before the game...
But this is the Chicago goddamn Blackhawks and the Flames don't beat them. It's really that simple. They are so deep at forward and on defense that any attempts to defeat them are turned aside with a laugh. A five-goal deficit 10 minutes into a game? "Ha ha ha," say the Blackhawks, "do you really think that is enough to defeat us?"
Check out FAN960's Pat Steinberg's recap Not Good Enough as well, as he has some interesting takes.
- Miikka Kiprusoff stopped a Patrick Kane penalty shot in the 1st period.
- Fredrik Sjostrom played in his 400th NHLgame.
- Jarome Iginla is now just one assist shy of tying Theoren Fleury for 2nd spot on the Flames all-time assist leaders list. I'd take a goal or eight from him right about now.
- This season, the Blackhawks have now came back from a 5-0 deficit to win 6-5, blown the Flames out on 'Dome ice by a score of 7-1, and sent the boys in red off the ice to a chorus of "BOO's" from the Pengrowth faithful.
- It's now been 31 games since the last time we won in regulation when the other team scores more than once - YIKES! (hat tip to Kent Wilson for that tidbit).
The St. Louis Blues will visit "The 'Dome" Monday @ 7:30 (01/25/10) for Jim Peplinski bobblehead night. The first 2,500 people through the door will receive a Jim Peplinski bobblehead. Things could turn ugly with another loss and 2500 bobbleheads flying threw the air. NOTE: We here at FlamesNation do not condone such antics... a chorus of "BOO's" will do just fine.
Bob McKenzie stated in an article today at TSN.com that he believes the Flames could get in on Ilya Kovalchuk, suggesting that Dion Phaneuf could be headed the other way. Our own Jean Lefebvre wrote a piece on this, and if you haven't yet checked it out, do so here.
Eric Duhatschek wonders Just how good are these flickering Flames? He ponders if its time for the front-office to reconsider their mantra of “In Darryl we Trust”. Click here for more.
And just for funzies, let's take a look at another "snap-show" from John Tortarella. Wait for it... wait for it... look out 'Brooksie'!
Hey Nation, tell me what you thought of the game, and this funk the Flames seem to be in.