GDFD No. 82: Playing out the string

Ryan Lambert
April 10 2010 03:38PM

Welcome to the Game Day Fire Drill, for this, Calgary’s 82nd and final game of the season on April 10, 2010. If you actually watch this game, you're a better person than me.

Who

The Calgary Flames (40-31-10 for 90 points. Ninth in the West, third in the Northwest) and the Vancouver Canucks (48-28-5 for 101 points. Fourth in the West, first in the Northwest).

When

8 p.m. Mountain time and 10 p.m. Eastern time. All other time zones should not insult Ice T.

Where

GM Place, Vancouver, British Columbia.

Calgary is 20-14-6 on the road this year, and has split the season series with Vancouver at 2-2-1. The Canucks are 29-8-3 at home, and is 9-0-2 against Northwest Division opponents in Vancouver this season.

What (to hate about the Canucks)

Henrik Sedin — Around mid-January my friend sent me an email. In it he asked if I would make a bet on Henrik Sedin's reaching 30 goals this season. The email said he had 21 at the time, but I happened to be watching a Canucks game at that very second and he had already scored twice that night, bumping his total to 23 in just his 51st game. So I was essentially betting on whether Hank the Tank would score seven goals in 31 games. No brainer. Well, we're 30 games later. And he's scored six freakin' goals since January 23. He has been stuck on 29 since March 30. He goddamn well better score tonight or I'm going to be pissed.

Daniel Sedin — Pass to your brother more, you selfish jerk. You have almost 60 more shots in 19 fewer games.

They're going to the playoffs — Ugh.

Why

Because it's gonna be a long summer. Enjoy the game, and plan your vacation in the comments section.

686dfac3780611cb7acad6ce5166c6c1
#1 RossCreekNation
April 10 2010, 07:26PM

Who cares... right? Fack me.

#2 RossCreekNation
April 10 2010, 10:08PM

17-1 for Canucks... or something like that.

So Eric Francis says Brent & Darryl don't even speak... interesting.

#3 Lofty
April 11 2010, 08:11AM

Bouwmeester was aweful, looked like pylon on the 3rd goal.

#5 CitizenFlame
April 11 2010, 03:09PM

That was ugly. That pisses me off that they rolled over again. Can't they at least play for pride? Do they have any pride left? Maybe they do need to be dismantled, they play like a team of whipped dogs.

#6 House
April 11 2010, 03:23PM

Try being in my shoes - a hard core Flames' fan who now lives in Van City. I have to go to work tomorrow and listen to my birkenstock-clad 'workmates' sipping their non-fat chai lattes, about how the Cannots are going to win the Stanley Cup, Grey Cup, Superbowl, World Series, and probably the World Cup of Soccer as well. If I was a rich man, I would buy the Cannots and move them to Mexico City just so I can get some relief from the stench of arrogance around here.

*Calgary Flames will always be MY No.1 team*

(I need a Pilsner)

#7 Frank_It
April 11 2010, 03:26PM

Sutters a BUST. I hope Iggy wants out. I would after beening thrown to the wolves this year with no support. I think he wants to win ( maybe more then anyone else in the league), and he has to face it. It will not happen in Calgary. I just hope the fans don't hate him for caring about the game of hockey. Most great players move on from crappy teams.