Congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks

June 09 2010 09:10PM

Your 2009-2010 Stanely Cup Champions.

Truly one of the best teams I've seen in recent memory.

#1 dustin642
June 09 2010, 09:47PM

Hey, if your nice enough to knock those dirty Canucks out of the playoffs 2 years in a row then you deserve the cup!! Wonder how Adrian Aucoin, Rene Bourque, and Aaron Johnson feel now.....

#2 Madison
June 09 2010, 09:59PM

By far one of the best all around teams! They deserve it and I'm not just saying that because I like being right! (I said they were going to win months ago!) I honestly can't think of a weak player on that team (except maybe huet but I don't think that counts since he didn't play)! Congratulations Blackhawks!!

#3 Rob in Toronto
June 09 2010, 10:02PM

The Hawks certainly deserved to win, but why did it have to be a Kane goal in overtime? Now I hate that guy even more!

#4 SarahM
June 09 2010, 10:43PM

Quite a year for Toews. Best Forward at the Olympics, the Conn Smythe, and he's also now the youngest player ever to become a member of the Triple Gold Club.

This has just been a fun team to watch all season, and I'm jealous of the fans in Chicago who get to call this team their own.

#5 JF
June 10 2010, 12:15AM

Yeah, this was a real special team they assembled.

The second I knew that was the case was when me and the missus were watching that game (You know the one I'm talking about) Huet had been turned into mincemeat by the Flames and the wife was smiling and talking about what a crushing it was and all I did was frown and say "It's still early, hon" one 'greatest comeback in NHL history' later all I could do was marvel at the fact that even with the score as lopsided as it was I still couldn't count them out.

...

Now that I got the manlove/envy of the 'Hawks out of the way I'll debbie down them for a moment... they're in the 9th circle of cap hell for this upcoming season. But whatever cheers Chicago a well deserved win... you kept Pronger from getting his grubby mitts on the Cup again, thanks for that.

#6 Grant F
June 10 2010, 12:20AM

With all due respect to the Hawks - I don't think they played well in the final series at all. It came down to shoddy goaltending by Leighton - yanked twice in 6 games and gave up 2 softies in the deciding contest...including one of the worst overtime winners ever.

Full credit though - they got the cup and that's really all that matters.

#7 Luc
June 10 2010, 09:34AM

if the flyers had a decent net minder they would have won the cup. period

#8 R O
June 10 2010, 12:23PM

if the flyers had a decent net minder they would have won the cup. period

Likely not. Range of reasonable expectations and all that.

#9 JF
June 10 2010, 02:07PM
Luc wrote:

if the flyers had a decent net minder they would have won the cup. period

If the flyers had a decent reputation netminder then they likely have to pay him more meaning they likely don't have one of their impact guys up front... who knows if they get this far without one of those guys.

#10 rod blogojevich
June 10 2010, 05:37PM

@JF

Good point, Jeff Carter's 5 million dollars was worth every penny, no other word described him these playoffs than IMPACT.