Postgame: It's Getting To Be That Time

Pat Steinberg
March 23 2011 11:24PM

Overall, the season for the Calgary Flames isn't over.  They still have six games remaining with a mathematical shot at the NHL postseason, but no one is going to deny what a massive blow Wednesday's 6-3 loss to the San Jose Sharks.  In a game that wasn't close at any point, the Flames lost for the sixth time in seven games and saw the worst possible scenario happen on the out of town scoreboard.

What Happened

An absolute whoopin started right from the get-go, and the Sharks had a 1-0 lead at the three minute mark, with Joe Thornton's cross corner dump being recovered nicely by San Jose, and after a quick cycle, former Flame Jamal Mayers would feed Torrey Mitchell in front for his eighth of the season.  But, on their only powerplay of the night, Calgary would draw even at 7:13, as an Olil Jokinen pass deflected off a San Jose stick and right to Jarome Iginla at the side of the net.  The captain would chip it up and over Antti Niemi for his 34th and a tie game.  The Sharks would strike back just over two minutes later with an NHL first; on a fast break, Andrew Desjardins would rip home his first career goal for another one goal lead.  And then another tie game, with a bad Sharks give away ending up on the stick of Cory Sarich at 13:59 and him rifling his fourth of the season past Niemi from the point, and somehow, Calgary was even in this game at two.  But just one minute later, San Jose would gear up and take a lead they'd never relinquish again.  Patrick Marleau would break in untouched from the blueline in, put a nice move on Miikka Kiprusoff for a 3-2 bulge.  The Sharks would go up 4-2 on the powerplay, with Marleau getting it done again on a scramble in front at 17:33.  Calgary was within two after one period of play, but probably shouldn't have been, as they were absolutely worked in the opening 20 minutse, with scoring chances going San Jose's way by a 12-3 count.  Yikes.

Things settled down in the second period, but it was again all San Jose.  The Sharks started toying with the Flames a little, still earning nine scoring chances, and still getting the majority of the puck possession.  And yet, thanks to some blind luck, Calgary was back within one at 13:20, as somehow Rene Bourque was able to slip the puck through on a wrap-around.  But once again, shortly thereafter, it was a two goal lead with Torrey Mitchell getting his second of the night on another goal mouth scramble, and after 40 the score flattered the Flames and they trailed 5-3.

The Sharks shut things down in the final frame, as you knew they would, and put the proverbial nail in the coffin at 11:55.  On a two-on-one, Logan Couture would elect to hold on and shoot, and he'd beat Miikka Kiprusoff for his 28th of the season and a 6-3 lead.  The final half of the period was just playing out the string, and the Sharks would roll to a 6-3 win, delivering a massively crushing blow to the Flames.

One Good Reason...

...why the Flames lost?  Inspiration for the clip comes from Kent Wilson, but this was a straight paddlin.  It was 60 minutes of the Sharks skating circles around the Flames, and even with some verrrrrrrry fortunate bounces giving Calgary life, they were never really in this game.  Look at those scoring chances.  Honestly.  Calgary was absolutely throttled by a better team.

Red Warrior

I don't even know.  Many were dreadful, some were merely okay, and I guess I'll just go with Cory Sarich.  He scored, got in a fight, was very physical, and yeah.  There's your Red Warrior.

Sum It Up

As I've said, no one game is going to be THE game that ends Calgary's season.  But this one hurts.  What hurts even more is the final scores that flashed across the board prior to this one ending.  A Chicago regulation win coupled with Anaheim beating Dallas in overtime give us this picture...

Elimination Number: 5

Yep, that's a reallllly low number.  Calgary's next game is against Edmonton, and while Oilers fans are chalmping at the bit, they aren't going to lose that game using conventional wisdom.  That wisdom doesn't always hold true, and maybe this game is viewed by the team as the death blow too...Calgary has a favorable schedule remaining, but even running the table at a perfect 6-0 might not be good enough folks.

1cd23297a0d13720ec2fc6d9740ce395
Pat Steinberg can be heard daily on the Fan960 in Calgary at can be read at the FAN 960. Born and raised in Calgary, Steinberg considers himself a huge fan of all sports including the CFL, MMA and 13 round bare knuckle boxing matches. Follow Steinberg on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Fan960Steinberg.
Avatar
#51 carl
March 24 2011, 04:05PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Well I am jumping off the wagon. I am sick of this franchise aka MAPLE LAUGHS WEST.

Iggy=Sundin

Tanguay= Rob Pearson

Jay Bo= Dave Ellett

GO CANUCKS GO. 10 years i've been a Flames fan but I am done.

Avatar
#52 canuck are a real hockey team
March 24 2011, 05:15PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Wow, never thought i'd say this... but Flames fans are pathetic. Canucks are finishing with the President's trophy and yet you still sit there saying they can't do it.

Well, at least I get to watch my team play in the post season with home advantage.

Also, why would you even compare yourselves to the Oilers. Yes Hall and Eberle played shorter seasons, but when is the last time the Flames even drafted a first round pick that can score more than 30 points in a season?

At least Edmonton is trying to fix itself and aren't pushing for 8/9th every year. Name ONE Flame who you think will be better than Hall and Eberle is 2 years. This is the EXACT same crap you gave the Sedins...

You're pathetic... make the playoffs before you bash another team. You're hockey club sucks and have NO plans to change that. See you in October with a Stanley Cup banner in our rafters losers!

Avatar
#53 SmellOfVictory
March 24 2011, 05:36PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

@canuck are a real hockey team

Allow me to dispense some advice to you: none of us has any control over what our favourite team does. If you'd read this blog more than just to come here and troll you'd know that a lot of us are pretty dissatisfied with the way the Flames have been run over the past... well, basically 20 years, but more directly the past couple.

I gain a lot of pleasure from seeing the Flames win, I won't lie, but the Vancouver trolls here are attaching a great deal of completely unwarranted personal agency to a team that they're associated with in only the loosest of fashions.

The Canucks may be the best team in the NHL this season, and they have a good shot at winning the cup. However, you can rest assured that I will party my ass off if they get knocked out of the playoffs simply due to the fact that your fanbase is filled with ignorant, annoying, pissants who don't deserve to see their favourite team win a cup. Ever.

Avatar
#54 canuck are a real hockey team
March 24 2011, 05:50PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
SmellOfVictory wrote:

Allow me to dispense some advice to you: none of us has any control over what our favourite team does. If you'd read this blog more than just to come here and troll you'd know that a lot of us are pretty dissatisfied with the way the Flames have been run over the past... well, basically 20 years, but more directly the past couple.

I gain a lot of pleasure from seeing the Flames win, I won't lie, but the Vancouver trolls here are attaching a great deal of completely unwarranted personal agency to a team that they're associated with in only the loosest of fashions.

The Canucks may be the best team in the NHL this season, and they have a good shot at winning the cup. However, you can rest assured that I will party my ass off if they get knocked out of the playoffs simply due to the fact that your fanbase is filled with ignorant, annoying, pissants who don't deserve to see their favourite team win a cup. Ever.

suck it up, Susan.

You crapped on us for years!!!

it's called being a hockey fan. Like it or not this is what happens...

thanks for the advice - i'll think about it during the first round of the playoffs while you polish up your cowboy boots for "the greatest outdoor show on earth?" lol

Avatar
#55 Todd
March 24 2011, 06:32PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

BRAVO fellow Nucks fan, put those LAMERS in their place. The sad part is, we probably know more about their team than they do! Many "Flames fans" are 04 wagon jumpers. They still think Ference, Gelinas, and Donovan are on the team. When Iggy's contract is up, he should sign with a REAL TEAM. IF he had Kesler or Henrik as his center, he would have 100 points a year no problem. How sad is it, that "flames fan" is banking on the Brendan Morrison injury as the reason why they missed. Really Flames fan? A washed up 35 yearold first line center is why you missed out? I think it's more the fact you have no future, no stars to help Iggy, and ZERO DEPTH. We lost Manny and we are still a well oiled machine.

Avatar
#56 ForeverRed
March 24 2011, 06:52PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Todd wrote:

BRAVO fellow Nucks fan, put those LAMERS in their place. The sad part is, we probably know more about their team than they do! Many "Flames fans" are 04 wagon jumpers. They still think Ference, Gelinas, and Donovan are on the team. When Iggy's contract is up, he should sign with a REAL TEAM. IF he had Kesler or Henrik as his center, he would have 100 points a year no problem. How sad is it, that "flames fan" is banking on the Brendan Morrison injury as the reason why they missed. Really Flames fan? A washed up 35 yearold first line center is why you missed out? I think it's more the fact you have no future, no stars to help Iggy, and ZERO DEPTH. We lost Manny and we are still a well oiled machine.

Sure Toad, you know more about the Flames than we do. Thanks for confirming that Canuck fans are some of the most ignorant and deluded people in the world. And why do you put quotations around Flames fans? First you encourage them to come and cheer for a "real team" then you are mocking those who do? Pathetic

Avatar
#57 SmellOfVictory
March 24 2011, 07:55PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

@canuck are a real hockey team

Incorrect. I've never s*** talked the Canucks just for the sake of it. And I certainly never had any cause to go to their discussion areas and do so. As a group, Nucks fans are consistently rated as some of the worst fans in pro sports for a reason.

Avatar
#58 Emir
March 24 2011, 10:12PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

I don't get what everybody is going nuts over here. The canucks are gonna get pushed out of the playoffs again by the hawks so get over yourselves....

Canucks fans are the most annoying in the NHL... You have to win something to be THAT arrogant...

Avatar
#59 Canucks Suck
March 24 2011, 10:23PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

@SmellOfVictory

God damn it I couldn't agree more.

Avatar
#60 Canucks Suck
March 24 2011, 10:41PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props
carl wrote:

Well I am jumping off the wagon. I am sick of this franchise aka MAPLE LAUGHS WEST.

Iggy=Sundin

Tanguay= Rob Pearson

Jay Bo= Dave Ellett

GO CANUCKS GO. 10 years i've been a Flames fan but I am done.

I don't even know where to begin with that statement lol. Also fine good we don't need you fickle goons anyways and that stain will follow you forever. Its not easy being a flames fan but you don't just bail when the going gets rough.

Avatar
#61 Vintage Flame
March 24 2011, 10:49PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Wow.. This is really something to read through. Canucks fans claiming they know more about the Flames than Flames fans do.. That's a new one.

The fact that they think they are going to be looking at a Stanley Cup banner in the rafters come October, that's nothing new. In fact it's true.. every year it's true. It's just always on TV and NOT in GM Place. Usually that's when their comments deflect to some external reason as to why they tanked... again, in the playoffs. Something is different this year though.. The Nucks have a bee in their bonnet.. What's going on there Canucks nation? Do your little green condom people have some special advantage that they haven't shown yet? Do the loyal fans plan to ALL bring laser pointers to the games and simultaneously try to blind the opposition goalie? You're all class guys... unfortunately it's 3rd class.

As for knowing more about the Flames than our own fans do.. Come on.. you can't really be that stupid are you. You don't even know enough about hockey to be able to follow 2 teams at the same time. Though, come to think of it, if you still think the Canucks are going to win the Cup, then you obviously don't follow you're own team.

Probably what brings you over to our board all the time. You come over here talking trash and calling us names like some snot nosed little kid that just had your milk money taken for millionth time, and then you go running back to your various blogs talking about what we talk about, thinking you'll look smart to all your fellow equally inadequate nuckers.

I'd like nothing more than to burst your bubble now, but it will be a lot more funny when you get bounced in the playoffs. Oh and don't worry, you'll win a Cup someday.. just remember to save on your XBox.. Keep that for posterity!

OH.. and to you Carl.. I say good riddance! Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, you gutless piece of pond scum. there is a special place in Hell reserved for traitors. The Flames Nation just became a better place with your defection. You say you are "done" being a Flames fan? Hate to break it to you .. You NEVER were one!

Avatar
#62 schevvy
March 24 2011, 11:10PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Well for all the Canucks trolls out here, at least for once you have a good hockey team. But claiming you know more about the Flames then we do if ridiculous. Your arrogance is insane for a team that hasn't won squat since the Vancouver Millionaires, when was that, 1920's? If you win the cup this year, which you have a chance to, as I said, you've got a good team, then you can talk smack. But you have no right to be arrogant cause how many cups have the CANUCKS won? ZERO!

And Carl, that's even worse than these Canucks trollers. If you're a TRUE Flames fan, you support the team, even when times are tough. Not everything is always rosy, every SINGLE team goes through a rough patch. You were never a Flames fan. You're probably already a Canucks fan and you are just trying to give us a bad rep for being wagon jumpers. True fans stick to their team, real fans stick to the team. You disgust me

Avatar
#64 icedawg_42
March 25 2011, 07:35AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Pat, I guess when these trolls come over here defacating on our board with this substance-free crud, we get our backs up. LMAO - @Vintage, when I read Carl's post, the thoughts that went through my mind were pretty much your last paragraph VERBATIM! As much as I desparately want a Stanley Cup in Canada, because of chumps like this, I could never back the Canucks - no matter how legit they are on the ice, I'll cheer for pretty much ANYONE who plays them.

Lets face it, these guys have been waiting since December, until the door is pretty much closed on the Playoffs to jump all over us. That's just the type of people they are.

Avatar
#65 jay
March 25 2011, 08:14AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

It was a matchup of conference foes who are well out of the playoff picture, with the Blues winning for only the second time in six games (2-4) while extending the Oilers' winless streak to eight (0-6-2).

Jaroslav Halak needed to make only 12 saves to earn his sixth shutout of the season and Oshie had a goal and an assist in the Blues' 4-0 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Thursday night.

Matt D'Agostini, Chris Stewart and Adam Cracknell scored third-period goals for the Blues, who avoided falling below .500 for the first time this season.

when coiler fans start talking sh*t... i look to the scoreboard

Avatar
#66 everton fc
March 25 2011, 08:19AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Random thoughts...

1. The Canucks have never won the Stanley Cup. 2. Any Flames fan giving up hope at this stage, might not be the fan they think they are (probably the same stock that thought Moss expendable, and that tagged Jackman as Thing 1 or 2 (can't recall which "thing" he was... How soon we forget, hey?) 3. Anaheim's loss may be huge for us, if we can also get some slippage from Dallas. We have some easy games coming up. If we go on another, final run... Who knows? 4. The addition of Modin and Carson has done nothing for us. Absolute waste of space. Is this an indication of Feaster's future, in terms of player personnel moves, or were his hands tied by the Executive? 5. Staois has actually played well in his role the past few months. Who would have thought...

GO FLAMES GO!

Avatar
#67 icedawg_42
March 25 2011, 08:29AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
everton fc wrote:

Random thoughts...

1. The Canucks have never won the Stanley Cup. 2. Any Flames fan giving up hope at this stage, might not be the fan they think they are (probably the same stock that thought Moss expendable, and that tagged Jackman as Thing 1 or 2 (can't recall which "thing" he was... How soon we forget, hey?) 3. Anaheim's loss may be huge for us, if we can also get some slippage from Dallas. We have some easy games coming up. If we go on another, final run... Who knows? 4. The addition of Modin and Carson has done nothing for us. Absolute waste of space. Is this an indication of Feaster's future, in terms of player personnel moves, or were his hands tied by the Executive? 5. Staois has actually played well in his role the past few months. Who would have thought...

GO FLAMES GO!

Well - let's be fair here - I'll be the first to say I didn't like what Modin brought to the games he's played in, but the fact remains, that Feaster really spent nothing to get nothing. A 7th round pick for Modin, and a waiver wire pickup in Carson, In hindsight, Modin hasn't worked out at all, considering the Flames are in need of their depth, and we still dont see him..but at the time bringing in an experienced NHL'er for the type of pick that shouldn't yield an NHL'er. I wont condemn that move too hard.

Avatar
#68 canuck are a real hockey team
March 25 2011, 08:59AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

I ALWAYS know more about the flames than ANY flames fan that I've ever gone up against.

Why just the other day someone didn't know that Joe N. was one of the top rookies ever in the nhl, and that he was only 1 of 6 players as a rookie to get 50 or more goals in a rookie campaign.

He ALSO didn't know Brett Hull played for the team. This gentleman was in line for a beer the last time the cancuks were at the dome. Shockingly, he also didn't know that the flames regular roster does not sport 1 of their own draft picks...

When was the last time the Flames won the president's trophy (... go ahead and google it...)? I'll give you a hint... Edmonton made it to the Campbell's finals (when didn't they?)

Avatar
#69 Scott
March 25 2011, 09:52AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

@canuck are a real hockey team

Do you ever read your posts after typing them. I'm sure if you did, you'd realize just how ignorant you really are... But just like your deadline pickup of Lapierre, you keep grinning like an idiot regardless of whats going on.

If knowing more about the flames history then 1 guy in a beer line, helps you feel good about yourself and gives you the confidence to crawl out of your parents basement in the morning, then good on ya!

Avatar
#70 ForeverRed
March 25 2011, 09:58AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
canuck are a real hockey team wrote:

I ALWAYS know more about the flames than ANY flames fan that I've ever gone up against.

Why just the other day someone didn't know that Joe N. was one of the top rookies ever in the nhl, and that he was only 1 of 6 players as a rookie to get 50 or more goals in a rookie campaign.

He ALSO didn't know Brett Hull played for the team. This gentleman was in line for a beer the last time the cancuks were at the dome. Shockingly, he also didn't know that the flames regular roster does not sport 1 of their own draft picks...

When was the last time the Flames won the president's trophy (... go ahead and google it...)? I'll give you a hint... Edmonton made it to the Campbell's finals (when didn't they?)

Thanks for proving just how stupid Canucks fans are. Does the name Backlund ring a bell. What about Moss, its a little shorter of a name so you might be able to remeber it. Yes we drafted both of them. And who were you talking to? There are many people who might not know those things for any host of reasons. Let me point out some random facts about the Nucks.... they have no one in the Hall of Fame, they have never won the Stanley Cup in the modern era and their fans are some of the most ignorant people I have ever met.

Avatar
#71 SmellOfVictory
March 25 2011, 10:02AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

@canuck are a real hockey team

The Flames' regular roster has David Moss (drafted Flames, 2001) and Michael Backlund (drafted Flames, 2007) every game they're healthy. Adam Pardy is also a Flames draftee and has been a fairly regular dman for the past two seasons.

'Shockingly', you're full of crap. You might know a lot of general historical info about the Flames, but you clearly don't know much about the current team.

Avatar
#72 Scott
March 25 2011, 10:26AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

I was going to ignore this, but even his name shows how ignorant he is...

"canuck are a real hockey team"

1. There is no team called, "the Canuck"

2. His grammer is just below a grade 1 level.

Avatar
#73 todd
March 25 2011, 11:50AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Hey Lamers, I challange you to name two players prior to 04? What's that? YOu can't? awwww shocking. Us fans in Vancouver are HOCKEY FANS. WE know the game. We don't just jump on some wagon because it's the thing to do. SO when you guys are done this year, how much do you want to bet ticket renewals will be down? We have had a consistant fan base since the 80s. We have had legends such as Toni Tanti, Skriko, Mclean, LInden, Bure, and Gino. Other than 89 you guys have nothing. Iggy was traded to you, because your GM almost took Shane Doan but change his mind. LOOK IT UP hacks.

Nice draft picks too: Chucko? Pelech? Sunblad? Aren't you the same franchise who passed on Shea Weber to take TIM RAMHOLT??? BAHAHAHA.

Avatar
#74 schevvy
March 25 2011, 12:44PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
todd wrote:

Hey Lamers, I challange you to name two players prior to 04? What's that? YOu can't? awwww shocking. Us fans in Vancouver are HOCKEY FANS. WE know the game. We don't just jump on some wagon because it's the thing to do. SO when you guys are done this year, how much do you want to bet ticket renewals will be down? We have had a consistant fan base since the 80s. We have had legends such as Toni Tanti, Skriko, Mclean, LInden, Bure, and Gino. Other than 89 you guys have nothing. Iggy was traded to you, because your GM almost took Shane Doan but change his mind. LOOK IT UP hacks.

Nice draft picks too: Chucko? Pelech? Sunblad? Aren't you the same franchise who passed on Shea Weber to take TIM RAMHOLT??? BAHAHAHA.

Vancouver fans are real hockey fans? Give me a break. You find excuses every time LUUUUUUUUUUUUONGO craps out in the playoffs. How about the Sedins and Kesler in the playoffs last year? Oh right, they were invisible. You guys won't win the Cup this year because you will CHOKE, again

Avatar
#75 Vintage Flame
March 25 2011, 01:42PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

@todd

"We have had a consistant fan base since the 80s. We have had legends such as Toni Tanti, Skriko, Mclean, LInden, Bure, and Gino. Other than 89 you guys have nothing."

Lol... Really? THAT's the list you come up with?? Gino Odjick is a legend? well maybe in Vancouver. How many of those guys are in the Hall of Fame again Toad?? Doesn't take long to count to zero.. Even f you have to use your fingers, you moron. Funny how you didn't even include Brodeur or Gradin. By the way.. They aren't in the Hall either.

Avatar
#76 Emir
March 25 2011, 03:03PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Hey can you guys get your Canuck friends to post here too? This is priceless to read, I'm loving every post.

can't wait for the canucks to get eliminated and to hear all the canucks fans calling for luongo to be traded like EVERY YEAR.

Avatar
#77 mark
March 25 2011, 03:39PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

This is too funny. Can't we all just get along? We should unite and take out the evil empire known as Bettman. I am a Sens fan, but will cheer for all the Canadian teams when my team is out.

Avatar
#78 SmellOfVictory
March 25 2011, 07:31PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

@todd

For a CMA with twice the population of Calgary's (and prior to our growth boom in the 2000s, more like 2.5x the population) your city curiously lacks a history of selling out an arena of similar size.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance (attendance for past 10 years, showing little difference between our respective arenas)

Here are some stats for you, idiot: Calgary: ~1 million (CMA)
Vancouver: ~2.1 million (CMA)

You "fans" didn't even start selling out your arena until a couple of years ago despite having double our population, and somehow you're proud of that? lol, you're dumb AND delusional.

Avatar
#79 John Deere Green
March 25 2011, 08:41PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

I would like this website to start a new poll. The question will read like this; Do you agree or disagree with recent articles that state, Vancouver Canuck fans are the worst in pro sports.

After reading these posts I would whole heartily agree.

One of the reasons I enjoy(ed) this website was because there was no garbage thrown around like T$N on their blogs. Because I for one am a little sick and tired of trolls. Thanks Pat and Kent for a great season, I really enjoyed this forum up until today.

Avatar
#80 Canucks Suck
March 25 2011, 10:34PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

@John Deere Green

I know this all too well Ive posted in other NHL forums and the canucks fans are always the worst in general.

Avatar
#81 Canucks Suck
March 25 2011, 10:37PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Hey canucks fans better enjoy living it up before the big choke. Kesler is this years Burrows deal w/ it he might be a better player but the same concept applies. Next season you will be praising another player and wanting to ship others off.

Avatar
#82 Wes Mantooth
March 26 2011, 07:29AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Albertan thing that most “Nucks” fans will never figure out. Also to compare rosters of previous teams is asinine! The Canucks just got good a couple years ago and your 1 player; Linden may or may not be in the hall of fame. Meanwhile had the Flames not been in the same division as the Oilers and from the east, the Oilers and the Flames would have been in the Stanley cup final for probable 7 years straight. They (Oilers&Flames) were built to beat each other; of course Canucks fans would or never admit to such a thing, P.S the Canucks sucked sooooo bad for the better part of the 80’s including your Cinderella run in 80’s. I always laugh to myself when Canucks fans think there the $hit. These are the same people who BOOED team Canada off the ice in 72! Frankly how dare you! Till the Canucks prove to us (Flames fans and Oilers fans) that your team can make it to the finals and win it, well then you’re an after thought of our many Stanley cup memories, because we have them and you don’t, also I do hope that you make it again to the finals and loose again, nothing worse then coming in second place. Your team is soft and will be exposed in the playoffs, there’s nowhere to hide in the playoffs for the sisters.

Avatar
#83 randi
March 26 2011, 12:34PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

I find the Canuck fans are making this message board more interesting and I am a PREDS fan.

Let's get some Preds talk going. This is the year we are going 3 rounds.

Comments are closed for this article.