Staios! Is! Available! Finalists Poll

March 03 2011 08:41AM

I've tallied the reactions and the votes and things have come down to the best of the best. I'm going to rely on you guys again to vote in the final poll so we can crown the champion and give away the $100 of Hudson's gift certs. So without further ado here are the finalists:

Slap-Chop Steve:

Old Staios:

Just Call Jay:

Staios Last Supper:

The Golden Rental:

And, finally, Phil Kessel:

Vote here, winner takes all:

Thanks again to everyone who participated.

#1 What a Shamwow
March 03 2011, 11:46AM

Congratulations to Kent for winning his own contest.

#3 Vintage Flame
March 03 2011, 11:51AM

Yeah, I gotta say if the Slap Chop ad wins, I hope it was Kent's because it was his idea. Especially the whole "You're gonna love my Staios"

#5 otto
March 03 2011, 01:26PM

I don't have a clue how to do photoshop. Every entry in this contest was by a reader.

"Today it was suggested to me by a few followers that the meme deserved a photoshop or two. The first suggestion was Feaster head atop Slap-chop Vince's body with a slogan or two ("You're gonna love my Staios!")." The photoshop may have been done buy a reader but the idea was unoriginal.

#7 Ender
March 03 2011, 03:12PM

Write-in vote for the Golden Rental. Some work went into that. Nicely done.

#8 Vintage Flame
March 03 2011, 03:17PM
otto wrote:

I agree Otto... I could understand if Kent said, "Take this Ad and make the best photoshoped version." but I think even though it was well done, it lacked originality, which was a big part of the contest.

It's kinda like the Old Staios ad.. A lot of it's popularity came from the caption Kent added to it.

Just comments though.. I don't want to sound like a sore loser. I voted for the one I liked best. Congrats to all, and especially the winner!

Hope we have a chance to do another and I've already prodded Oiler Nation, if they think they can do better, maybe they let us participate... unless they are afraid of the competition??

#9 Vintage Flame
March 03 2011, 03:37PM

hahaha.. So I checked out the link Kent gave on twitter for the OilerNation contest... and being the good Flames fan, I had to offer my creative genius to them.. You know give them a leg up...

Here is what I wrote on the ON...

Hmmm.. So you have to design a poster that "advertises" the Oiler re-build plan. Do I have that correct? Won't that a be a pretty easy contest? Just send in a blank piece of paper, titled, "The Rebuild Plan in Edmonton"

#11 Canucks Suck
March 03 2011, 06:52PM

I had to vote for slap chop steve cause of how funny that feaster shoop is.

#12 Canucks Suck
March 03 2011, 06:57PM

does slap chop steve include matt stajans arm?