#LUON8O

Wanye
June 07 2011 11:49AM

"If ever there was a time for a good ol' fashioned comeback this would be it. Win G3 for heavens sakes Boston you owe it to humanity." - Baron von Wanye von Gretzelstein IV, CMA , yesterday.

What a wonderful turn of events. Bigups to @NHL_imagineer for another great pic. This guy brings it almost as hard as the Bruins did last night.

GAME PLAY

There is already acres of digital print devoted to the Canucks collapse in G3 last night and there will be acres more made before the puck drops again tomorrow. Sure, we could talk about how Luongo should have been pulled earlier in the game or about how losing a defenceman so early in the match essentially effed the Canucks into a fifth game.

OR we could watch this video of some girl absolutely ruining the Stanley Cup Finals for her boyfriend last year.

Yes, let's leave the commentary to the experts and the quasi related MTV comedy shorts to your ol' pal Wanye.

ROME v HORTON

That hit was crazy late and anyone who says that it isn't doesn't understand the terms 'crazy' or 'late.' We can understand the value of throwing a big hit if you are a Canuck D-Man but this is roughly example 1,457,923 of headshots that need to be taken out of the game.

Horton is out for the rest of the series and Rome now has a 4 game suspension.

Great.

EBERLE PLAY OF THE YEAR

Jordan Eberle is in the finals for the TSN play of the year with his heart stopping snipe against the Flames in the first game of the year. A goal so stupendous that it caused a bright eyed Wanye to run from his season screaming and purchase an Eberle jersey on the spot.

This sort of play deserves the full vote rigging attention of the Nation. If you have time speed over to TSN and vote for the good guy will ya?

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
Blog so hard motherf**ckers try and find me. Email me at wanyegretz@gmail.com or tweet me @wanyegretz provided it is about Jordan Eberle or babes.
Avatar
#1 HISS
June 07 2011, 11:50AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
3
props

FIST !

Avatar
#2 HISS
June 07 2011, 11:51AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
2
props

Roberto got FISTed FTW

Avatar
#4 icedawg_42
June 07 2011, 11:56AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

I might get lambasted for thie - but even Flames fans had to grin at that goal. Eberle's a keeper.

Avatar
#5 Soft Hands McSteeley - FIST Movement
June 07 2011, 11:57AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props
HISS wrote:

Roberto got FISTed FTW

YAH.... DAMN NICE BEARD ON YAH HISS!

AND EQUALLY AS NICE IS THE FIST YOU JUST LAYED

Avatar
#7 The Towel Boy
June 07 2011, 11:59AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
5
props

Suck it, Canucks.

Avatar
#8 DK0
June 07 2011, 12:11PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

@Wanye

How did you not include a video or picture of Tim Thomas laying the best hit of the series? Watching that will never get old.

Avatar
#9 mayorpoop
June 07 2011, 12:11PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Wanye,

your dedication to this level of spite and hatred is commendable.

i agree whole heartedly....suck it whineouver cheanucks!

Avatar
#10 John Chambers
June 07 2011, 12:13PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
2
props

Didn't the Canucks get pumped in G4 against the Hawks? Didn't that subsequently lead to them losing their identity and entire ethos of how to play system hockey for an entire week?

Big difference is that the Hawks had a goalie named Crawford, and not a man who stands 8'6" with arms like tree trunks and a beard red as the fire of hell like Tim Thomas.

Prediction - Corey Schneider starts game 5 back in Van.

Avatar
#11 Sheldon "Oilers Fan for Life!!!"
June 07 2011, 12:14PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

When I met my wife the first thing I did was educate her in hockey. I taught her to love the game. Took her to See Mark Messier in his last season. Bought Cool Hockey baby clothes for the first born. Now whenever she can she watches with me. I see it was a good decision.

Avatar
#12 Sheldon "Oilers Fan for Life!!!"
June 07 2011, 12:17PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

I really expected that from Vancouver about 10 games ago but I was surprised last night as I was beginning to wonder if my picking them to loose every series was ignoring the facts. Its good to know that my scientific mind is still operational.

Avatar
#13 baggedmilk
June 07 2011, 12:18PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
2
props

Nathan Horton love soup! Nathan Horton love colouring book! Nathan Horton love bubble wrap!

Avatar
#14 Bob Cob
June 07 2011, 12:21PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Luongo got FISTED worse than Kermit the Frog. It was great, go Bruins, stick it to those Left Coast Losers!!

Avatar
#15 backburner
June 07 2011, 12:22PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Not the best goal I've ever seen but doesn't get much prettier for a first goal...

Avatar
#17 Sheldon "Oilers Fan for Life!!!"
June 07 2011, 12:26PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
DK0 wrote:

How did you not include a video or picture of Tim Thomas laying the best hit of the series? Watching that will never get old.

You are so right That would of been the biggest news of the game and still should be. I have never seen a tender do that. He deserves his name on the cup for that move. (Hockey gods smile take notice and put suck dust in Vancouver water bottles.)

Avatar
#18 Dyckster
June 07 2011, 12:31PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Watched the Horton video several times, and made a not so funny observation....Watch the referee in the background, arm never goes up to call a penalty. He's got a birds eye view of the entire sequence. What the?

Avatar
#19 Winnipeg Oiler Fan
June 07 2011, 12:32PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

First FIST! Damm I hope I did that right.

@ Wanye : Really like that Nation Radio; especially that sexy music coming back from commercial. Oh, and its gotta be the Nuge!

Avatar
#20 Sheldon "Oilers Fan for Life!!!"
June 07 2011, 12:37PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Winnipeg Oiler Fan wrote:

First FIST! Damm I hope I did that right.

@ Wanye : Really like that Nation Radio; especially that sexy music coming back from commercial. Oh, and its gotta be the Nuge!

Hay you can now see your team live a few times a year. It is indeed important for Winnipeg to have a hockey team. Don't you dare miss the Fist Oiler game we will be expecting you to post pics of Oiler fans.

Avatar
#21 edmontoncritic - BRoadwAY
June 07 2011, 12:39PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Vancouver is the absolute best team in the league.....at losing!!! They just make it so damn entertaining. They dont just lose games, THEY GET PUMPED!

Avatar
#23 edmontoncritic - BRoadwAY
June 07 2011, 12:44PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

Ive done some very serious statistical analysis of the canucks in the past few games. By looking at the GHOP (goalie hits on pansies) and GLIBGBC (goals let in by greasy barely canadians), the bruins are completely dominating this series!!!......statistically speaking of course

Avatar
#24 Dave
June 07 2011, 12:48PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

I was watching that game with a friend of mine who is a canucks fan and I just kept laughing. The thing is EVERY time something happens canucks fans think there should be a penalty. It's absurd. But according to my buddy the hit on Horton "wasn't that late, it was a pretty clean hit"... It's quite something to be friends with someone who likes a team like the canucks ... I wouldn't recomend it.

Re: the Thomas Hit. That was probably one of the BEST moments in hockey I have ever seen. Simply outstanding.

Avatar
#25 David S
June 07 2011, 12:54PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Here's the Thomas check...

http://youtu.be/XPqT5OJaoDQ

BOOM! POW! You lose comrade.

Avatar
#26 Dan the Man
June 07 2011, 01:08PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props
Dyckster wrote:

Watched the Horton video several times, and made a not so funny observation....Watch the referee in the background, arm never goes up to call a penalty. He's got a birds eye view of the entire sequence. What the?

THE NHL HAS FLYING REFEREES??????!!!????

Avatar
#27 Sheldon "Oilers Fan for Life!!!"
June 07 2011, 01:13PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
David S wrote:

Here's the Thomas check...

http://youtu.be/XPqT5OJaoDQ

BOOM! POW! You lose comrade.

That really has to be in the top 5 plays of the year. For me that is nearly as good as Eberle's goal.

Avatar
#28 BURROWSHASCRABS
June 07 2011, 01:18PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props
Dave wrote:

I was watching that game with a friend of mine who is a canucks fan and I just kept laughing. The thing is EVERY time something happens canucks fans think there should be a penalty. It's absurd. But according to my buddy the hit on Horton "wasn't that late, it was a pretty clean hit"... It's quite something to be friends with someone who likes a team like the canucks ... I wouldn't recomend it.

Re: the Thomas Hit. That was probably one of the BEST moments in hockey I have ever seen. Simply outstanding.

Friend or not if he's a Canuck fan I recommend a right hand to the Jaw. It feels really good to do that, just sayin. Went to an Oilers n Nucks game wearing Oil colors(Oilers actually won!) got some classless tasteless heckling from those a$$holes after the game. Knocked this drunk punk out! It was a Beauty

Avatar
#29 LoDog
June 07 2011, 01:22PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Sheldon "Oilers Fan for Life!!!" wrote:

That really has to be in the top 5 plays of the year. For me that is nearly as good as Eberle's goal.

It was so awesome.

Luckily you wrote nearly as good as Eberle's goal. If you wrote as good as or better Wanye would promptly have you banned.*

*Without bingofuel I am pretty sure Wanye has no idea how to ban someone. Hard to believe he can even post the articles between trips to the bottle depot. :)

Avatar
#30 Quicksilver ballet
June 07 2011, 01:26PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Iceberg, meet the HMS Canuck, HMS Canuck, meet Iceberg.

Is it wrong to take joy on this fine overcast/rainy day?

Avatar
#31 Jano
June 07 2011, 01:29PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

I'll say it. Thomas crushing the twinkie was the BEST play of the year to date.

Avatar
#32 Winnipeg Oiler Fan
June 07 2011, 01:39PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Wanye wrote:

Thank you kind Sir. Question: Will a team coming home to Winnipeg make you less of an Oilers fan? Will you split your loyalty?

I'm all Oilers all the time. Only been in the Peg for 4 years, raised in Sherwood Park. Although, I would pay good money to get a ticket to the home opener at MTS Center this fall. Go Oilers!! FIST!

Avatar
#34 jeanshorts
June 07 2011, 02:07PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
4
props

At this point, the Canucks losing in game 7 would feel better than watching the Oilers win the cup.

Until the Oilers actually do win the cup, then that will feel better than anything, ever.

Until I get within a close enough distance to drug Kate Upton and gently place her in the back of my panel van....

Avatar
#35 CanaDave
June 07 2011, 02:16PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

I was a little surprised to hear that Rome got a 4 game suspension for the hit to be honest. It was a late hit for sure but I don't think there was a deliberate attempt to injure with it like when Torres left his feet and threw an elbow at Johnny Boychuk with less than 5 minutes to go in the game.

Avatar
#36 Mantastic
June 07 2011, 02:26PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

@jeanshorts

mega props, i support everything you are saying.

Avatar
#37 baggedmilk
June 07 2011, 02:41PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
3
props
jeanshorts wrote:

At this point, the Canucks losing in game 7 would feel better than watching the Oilers win the cup.

Until the Oilers actually do win the cup, then that will feel better than anything, ever.

Until I get within a close enough distance to drug Kate Upton and gently place her in the back of my panel van....

Every now and then you say something that I can finally get behind.

I'll get the van.

Avatar
#38 common sense
June 07 2011, 02:42PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
jeanshorts wrote:

At this point, the Canucks losing in game 7 would feel better than watching the Oilers win the cup.

Until the Oilers actually do win the cup, then that will feel better than anything, ever.

Until I get within a close enough distance to drug Kate Upton and gently place her in the back of my panel van....

I'm not in favor of drugging anyone except getting rid of those kind of misogynistic comments banned. The Horton hit may just prove to be all the motivation the Bruins need to win the cup. Frankly I haven't even watched more than 5 minutes of these finals. I'm watching the NBA finals instead.

Avatar
#39 Dman09
June 07 2011, 02:48PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

I'll be honest I'm not a Canuck fan but when I watch that hit. I don't think it was a suspension. I honestly don't think it was that late. It was less than a second from the time the puck left Horton's stick to the time he got hit. Tell me, if you have already started to go for a hit, can you stop in a fraction of a second? Not likely. I didn't see any other evidence to suggest it was dirty in any way. I think the reason this has been blown up so big was due to the fact that Horton was injured. The injury is likely due to the fact that he was admiring his pass while heading into an opponents zone rather than looking at where he was going. We was injuried because his head smacked the ice after the hit. I think that had he been paying attention he wouldn't have been injured. I can't blame Rome for following through with the hit because it takes an individual a fraction of a second to press their brakes in a emergency. Now you have two guys heading towards each other with speed and you expect one to stop in a fraction of a second. Physics won't allow it.

Avatar
#40 baggedmilk
June 07 2011, 02:48PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
5
props

@common sense

Misogynistic? Seems to me he said he would be gentle. That's not misogynist that's courteous.

Avatar
#41 jeanshorts
June 07 2011, 02:52PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
3
props

@common sense

It's not technically rape if she doesn't remember.

*It still is*

Avatar
#42 common sense
June 07 2011, 02:53PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
baggedmilk wrote:

Misogynistic? Seems to me he said he would be gentle. That's not misogynist that's courteous.

Gimme a break Willis...and that's a reference from the old Different Strokes show for all you young punks.

Avatar
#43 Mantastic
June 07 2011, 02:57PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

@jeanshorts

surprise sex, not rape

*i am joking btw*

Avatar
#44 Ender
June 07 2011, 03:59PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

@common sense

What'choo talkin' 'bout, Common Sense?

I think you are misremembering the actual sitcom Gimme a Break!

It's ok; that's what happens when you get old. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

Avatar
#45 David S
June 07 2011, 04:13PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
3
props

Paging Buzz Killington, line 4. Buzz Killington, line 4.

Avatar
#46 Travis Dakin
June 07 2011, 04:17PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
3
props

Jeanshorts and Baggedmilk: "hey, you wanna play the rape game?"

Girl: "no."

Jeanshorts and Baggedmilk: "That's the spirit!"

Avatar
#47 Bill up North
June 07 2011, 04:34PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Dman09 wrote:

I'll be honest I'm not a Canuck fan but when I watch that hit. I don't think it was a suspension. I honestly don't think it was that late. It was less than a second from the time the puck left Horton's stick to the time he got hit. Tell me, if you have already started to go for a hit, can you stop in a fraction of a second? Not likely. I didn't see any other evidence to suggest it was dirty in any way. I think the reason this has been blown up so big was due to the fact that Horton was injured. The injury is likely due to the fact that he was admiring his pass while heading into an opponents zone rather than looking at where he was going. We was injuried because his head smacked the ice after the hit. I think that had he been paying attention he wouldn't have been injured. I can't blame Rome for following through with the hit because it takes an individual a fraction of a second to press their brakes in a emergency. Now you have two guys heading towards each other with speed and you expect one to stop in a fraction of a second. Physics won't allow it.

The hit was extremely late. I don't know if you've played hockey before, but one full second after making a pass like that is an eternity. Horton made his pass and then made two full strides before Rome stepped into him.

He wasn't expecting the hit because the play had moved so far up ice and he was trying to get back in the play. Every player on the ice was watching the puck and the play (except Jim Rome).

When you make a pass at the red line, there is no way you should be expecting to get hit at the blue line.

The ref and the NHL made the right call for once.

Avatar
#48 S.Tambellini
June 07 2011, 04:38PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Dman09 wrote:

I'll be honest I'm not a Canuck fan but when I watch that hit. I don't think it was a suspension. I honestly don't think it was that late. It was less than a second from the time the puck left Horton's stick to the time he got hit. Tell me, if you have already started to go for a hit, can you stop in a fraction of a second? Not likely. I didn't see any other evidence to suggest it was dirty in any way. I think the reason this has been blown up so big was due to the fact that Horton was injured. The injury is likely due to the fact that he was admiring his pass while heading into an opponents zone rather than looking at where he was going. We was injuried because his head smacked the ice after the hit. I think that had he been paying attention he wouldn't have been injured. I can't blame Rome for following through with the hit because it takes an individual a fraction of a second to press their brakes in a emergency. Now you have two guys heading towards each other with speed and you expect one to stop in a fraction of a second. Physics won't allow it.

Your explanation of the hit is flawed. Check out Rome when Horton passes it. He is moving backwards, not charging at Horton with no time to veer or stop. Also, it was nearly a full second between the pass and the cheap shot hit.

And your explanation that it was the ice that injured him is great. By that logic, Claude Lemieux shouldn't have been suspended in 1996 or Dale Hunter in 93 since it was the boards that mangled Draper's face and separated Turgeon's shoulder.

Avatar
#49 Bill up North
June 07 2011, 04:43PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
S.Tambellini wrote:

Your explanation of the hit is flawed. Check out Rome when Horton passes it. He is moving backwards, not charging at Horton with no time to veer or stop. Also, it was nearly a full second between the pass and the cheap shot hit.

And your explanation that it was the ice that injured him is great. By that logic, Claude Lemieux shouldn't have been suspended in 1996 or Dale Hunter in 93 since it was the boards that mangled Draper's face and separated Turgeon's shoulder.

I watched the replay again after reading this and you're right. Rome doesn't even begin to make his move to hit Horton until AFTER Horton passes the puck. That just makes it worse. I hope Horton is ok. Could be a long recovery.

Avatar
#50 Ender
June 07 2011, 04:44PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

Bill up North wrote:

When you make a pass at the red line, there is no way you should be expecting to get hit at the blue line.

That's a fair comment. Is it also fair to say that if you make a pass at the red line, you might be expected to take your eyes off your pass for a second somewhere between there and the offensive zone?

Comments are closed for this article.