FlamesNation NHL 13 Hockey League Update Spectacular

bookofloob
October 03 2012 11:37AM

Hello Hockey Fans!

So many of you by now are probably fully aware that our FlamesNation GM Connected League on NHL 13 for Xbox is a go. Pride is on the line, as well as my respect, and I don't need to tell you that neither of those things mean anything worthwhile, but go out there and play like it does.

The league is wide open right now, so all of its features are available to you.  You can make trades with CPU controlled teams, but know that trades have to be approved by the Commissioner, and if we think you're making what amounts to a ridiculous and stereotypical "video game" trade, it might bet rejected.  However all player controlled to player controlled trades will be accepted by the Commish, allowing you to try and Cliff Fletcher as much as you want.

Teams Still Available!

Speaking of CPU controlled teams, even though the league is now live, there are still teams out there, like abandoned puppies, just dying for someone to take them home, and we encourage people to join until we run out of teams. This includes the four of you out there who still need a home due to the teams you requested to control already in play by other members who beat you to the punch.

There are still slots open for Buffalo, Colorado, Detroit, Montreal, Nashville, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, and Toronto. Claim one today.

Other than that, just go out there and play. Arik (Florida), Vintage Flame (New Jersey) and myself (Columbus) are all in the league, competing with the rest of you, and we request that you go easy on us, because we're all terrible. Arik is currently the Commissioner, because I thought you could assign more than one.  You can't.  And my power as commissioner is now gone, which I find heartbreaking. In the meantime, Arik decides on whether you live or die, a truly terrifying gambit if I do say so myself.

Watch out for future updates including, I don't know, standings updates and a good degree of smack talk, along with a Cliff Notes version on the actual team hub within the game itself.

So lace up your joystick thumbs and hit the digital ice!

01f20cee6c900dc633fe87a421630f41
The Book of Loob is the Nation's resident expert in flim-flammery and twaddle. An unabashed Flames fan, when BoL is not intellectually bankrupting Flames Nation, he can be seen rooting for Blair Jones, often to excess, at Book of Loob. Follow him on twitter here.
#1 SeanCharles
October 03 2012, 12:51PM

What do you need to do to join? I'd be interested in Philly...

#2 marty
October 03 2012, 12:57PM

i just hope to win a game, i am very average at the game so i don't think my teams gaa will be that great. great job in organizing guys this will.... sigh probably be the closest thing to a nhl season as we see. one question so do we have to co ordinate game times with other human gms or how does that all work?

October 03 2012, 01:02PM

@SeanCharles

Join the FlamesNation league online, let us know here what your gamertag is you're ready to go.

#4 Clay
October 03 2012, 01:13PM

Im interested to see who has Stajan.

God oh god I hope its me so I can submit hilarious trade requests.

-Clay Kings General Manager and President of Player Personell

#5 Vintage Flame
October 03 2012, 01:22PM

If anyone puts up an Oilers-esque GOAL-A against me.. I will roast you in an article..

Do it against all three of us, you may find yourself in the next edition of 2 Minutes Hate.

#6 Vintage Flame
October 03 2012, 01:24PM

Who was stupid, err.. brave enough to take the Oilers and Canucks?

Please tell me it was Wanye that took the Oilers... or his Bastard little Child!!

#7 Clay
October 03 2012, 01:37PM
Vintage Flame wrote:

I accept the challenge.

I was also given Alex Edler. I will do it with him.

On a different note, I will be in Hawaii until the 15th. I will do my best to keep up, but feel free to bolt a second manager onto the team to help out or autopilot me for a couple of games.

#8 Domebeers.com
October 03 2012, 02:20PM

War NHL 2K7

#9 woods
October 03 2012, 03:33PM

good to hear that your screening trades made with cpu managed teams. those 2018 1st rd picks got some mad value....

#10 NateBaldwin
October 03 2012, 03:34PM
Domebeers.com wrote:

War NHL 2K7

What does War "___" mean?

I've been listening to Rome on and off for a year and I get the idea, but I don't understand why it's referred to as War?

#11 Darren
October 03 2012, 04:36PM

Jansy15 requested Detroit this morning. Let me know thanks!

#12 Vintage Flame
October 03 2012, 04:45PM
NateBaldwin wrote:

What does War "___" mean?

It comes from a "motto" if you will that Rome's Jungle adopted. The original saying was "War Eagle"

Check it out here.

#13 Reidja
October 03 2012, 04:49PM

This sounds like so much fun!!! I am going to whiz myself if you guys don't start a PS3 league soon!!!! Iiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee! PLEASE!

I will totally make a donation to Lambert's charity if you do. Think of the Children.

#14 Reidja
October 03 2012, 05:02PM

Ps. 1) trading with the CPU is lame and will screw people who join later. 2) you will need a mechanism for planning games if you expect the season to progress at a reasonable pace without sim-ing most of the games. 3) trades on the app are processed without comish approval. Best to outlaw these. 4) Wrist shots from the slot work incredibly well and you will yell at your tv.

#16 NateBaldwin
October 03 2012, 06:04PM

@Reidja

3) didn't know that, I sent a trade request to a human GM though so it shouldn't matter this time.

On 2) start with friending whoever you've got on your upcoming schedule. but short of scheduling league wide 'game nights' I don't have any other suggestions.

#17 NateBaldwin
October 03 2012, 06:05PM

@Vintage Flame

Thanks

#18 Reidja
October 03 2012, 06:06PM

@bookofloob

I'm in a league that organizes games via a Facebook group. Seems to work pretty well.

#19 Reidja
October 03 2012, 06:10PM

@bookofloob

Oh... And chin up.

#20 Austin L
October 03 2012, 07:30PM

So we can start playing our games now?

October 03 2012, 07:41PM

@Reidja

Would you like to commish the PS3 league?

#22 lesyk
October 03 2012, 08:56PM

ill take philly if its still open GT= LUUUNCH

#23 woods
October 03 2012, 09:28PM

yea, i agree that we need a better way of scheduling games with people on your upcoming schedule. but how???

#24 NateBaldwin
October 03 2012, 10:11PM

I like the Facebook group idea. I was all about to spearhead it and then I realized that none of you are my friends.

#25 Ryan Pike
October 03 2012, 10:16PM

In. Request in for Montreal.

October 03 2012, 11:14PM

@woods

How about google groups?

#27 cpbrowner
October 04 2012, 09:20AM

I have another player on my team (Dallas Stars) but he claims that he cannot play any games. Anyone know the reason behind this?

I was able to play a game just fine yesterday.

#28 aloudoun
October 04 2012, 02:30PM

Who is Florida? Im the GM of Tampa Bay and cant my first game.

Chillgoose is my xboxlive name. Let me know!

#29 woods
October 04 2012, 03:48PM

@aloudoun

I'm ready for my matchup against you, Chillgoose. I'm online right now and will be on and off all night most-likely

#30 Connorm
October 04 2012, 04:40PM

My gt is BobbyBadHands and would like toronto

#31 DBG
October 04 2012, 08:25PM

Is there going to be a PS3 league?

October 04 2012, 09:41PM

@DBG

I will start one this Saturday.