June 15 2012 02:35PM
The National Hockey League released the official order for the annual Entry Draft on Friday afternoon.
The Calgary Flames have six selections in the 2012 draft
- Their own first round pick (14th overall)
- Their own third round pick (75th overall)
- Their own fourth round pick (105th overall)
- Montreal's fifth round pick (124th overall), acquired in the Rene Bourque/Mike Cammalleri trade. It was originally thought to be Columbus' fifth round pick (122nd overall) that had been previously acquired by Montreal, but it appears that Montreal is keeping the (slightly) better selection.
- Their own sixth round pick (165th overall)
- Toronto's seventh round pick (186th overall), acquired from Toronto in a deal that sent Wayne Primeau to T.O.
The Flames originally had these other picks, which they have subsequently traded
- Their own second round pick (44th overall), sent to Buffalo in the Robyn Regehr trade last summer.
- Their own fifth round pick (135th overall), sent to New Jersey for Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond (ugh - ed.).
- Their own seventh round pick (195th overall); while not officially confirmed by the Flames, it's suspected that this pick was sent to the Washington Capitals as "future considerations" in the Keith Seabrook trade. Either way, the pick is Washington's now.
Stay tuned to the site this week for draft previews galore and next weekend, as Kent Wilson will be live in Pittsburgh for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
It'll be draft-tastic.