PHOTOSHOP UPDATE - STICKER UPDATE

Wanye
July 26 2012 06:20PM

THREE ENTRIES FOR THE YAKUPOV PHOTOSHOP CONTEST?! What in the sweet Nuge's moustache is going on - is everyone working productively this week? We highly doubt it. Our main man Jimmeh gets it - his entry is right on point and the early leader right out of the gate.

Perhaps we can inspire people with the kind of photos we want to see but are incapable of producing in photoshop. It's not our fault really - most of our fingers were blown off in the imaginary war of 2006.

You can take any old rap album and stick Yak's face on it and other hilarity. Rick Ross here doesn't look like he would mind having his album altered to suit the tastes of Ice Hockey fans does he?

Nas as a Pharoh? Yakupov as Nas? Has the world gone all topsy-turvy like? Only you and your photoshops can decide.

How about the iconic Eminem? He could be mistaken for the most recent Oilers Number One Pick if you were extremely myopic, had forgotten your glasses at home and drove by him standing on a corner doing 40-90km/h.

Or take a standard skyline shot of Edmonton* and write YAK CITY on top just to enter the contest. Good heavens these things make themselves up people. Remember there are big prizes on the line. BIG LIFE CHANGING PRIZES.

Email your genius to wanyegretz at gmail dot com and you will live in infamy forever and ever Amen.

STICKERS

While the photoshop entries might be lighter than a Kate Moss weigh-in** - the requests for OilersNation stickers are pouring in. Ever since our friends at Jet Label hooked us up with a big ol roll of sticker goodness we have been plastering them all over the computers of our fellow students here at Nerd Camp.

If hooking up Latin American and Malaysian entrepreneurs who have never even heard of Ice Hockey before meeting us can be considered good marketing then we are the Googles of the marketing.

But for those of us in the Nation who want some stickers and didn't come to nerd camp we extend the invitation to you as well. So far we have 83 people who have asked for stickers (!) to be sent to 4 different countries (!) which will most likely bankrupt Wanye Industries due to exorbitant postage rates.

Climb on the bandwagon! Claim what's rightly yours! Email us your name and address to wanyegretz at gmail dot com and we will hook you up faster than you can say "two to four weeks depending on our laziness"

And please send us some more Yakupov "Yak City" entries. If not for him, then for the lil NUUUUUUGE who gets so cranky in the offseason and loves photoshop contests***

*If we had access to MS-Paint down here at Nerd Camp we would show better examples. Believe that.

**ZING!

***Or so we like to imagine

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#2 Puritania
July 26 2012, 06:28PM
Wanye wrote:

MORE ENTRIES DAMMIT!!

*runs to gmail hits refresh every 3 seconds*

I love you Wanye, I'm so glad I could be this close to you in a comments section. It's like we're virtually spooning.

*Falls over dead from exhiliration*

#4 vetinari
July 26 2012, 06:52PM

[Averts eyes and walks away from Wayne and Puritania]

#5 Westcoastoil
July 26 2012, 06:52PM

Speaking of photoshop who's been messing with the Oilers website. Wayne did you stuff Ethan Moreau's head on the picture of Plante? Sneaky bugger

#6 David S
July 26 2012, 06:57PM

DOOD! Be patient. There's work and summer and beerz and...STUFF!!!

Extending the deadline a few days might help a bit bro.

#7 Wanyes bastard child
July 26 2012, 07:04PM

Grandma Wanye does not approve... she told me so, she also wants to know when you are taking me back?

#8 book¡e
July 26 2012, 07:45PM

Life's busy Wanye, but if I get a chance maybe I can do a screengrab from Fear of a Black Hat and do something.

You have seen Fear of a Black Hat, right?

If you haven't please do. I promise you will like it.

You need to pause it for a bit for the site to load.

If you have any memory of the Public Enemy era of rap, you will enjoy this. It's like CB4, but funny.

#9 mr_nihilism
July 26 2012, 08:01PM

The "From Russia With Love" pic would make a great wallpaper.

PS - I emailed you, Mr. Gretz. An ON sticker would look great plastered on my comp.

#10 OilerLand
July 26 2012, 09:50PM

I don't know a clue about rap so my entry isn't very inspired this time.

#11 OilerLand
July 26 2012, 09:51PM

I don't know a clue about rap so my entry isn't very inspired this time.

Double post! I thought those were a myth .

#12 Bicepus Maximus - Huge fan boy!
July 26 2012, 11:59PM

Busy with weddings and job interviews................ need. more. time.

#13 The Towel Boy
July 27 2012, 12:25AM

I'm on vacation and am currently too drunk to perform such a delicate task as a Nation photoshop contest entry.

#14 Max Powers - Team HME Evans
July 27 2012, 12:54AM

@book¡e

That was me who props'd you and I will props anyone who ever mentions that awesome movie... ever.

And Wanye you're not getting my personal info emailed to you again, even if it is for those scrumptious stickers. Last time I did that trans-union had me on speed dial for all the credit cards attempting to be acquired under my name. The jokes on you though, my credit is horrible.

#15 Puritania
July 27 2012, 01:22AM
Wanye wrote:

I consider this to be one of my most successful relationships of the past 5 years.

*runs to tell Grandma Wanye*

I consider this to be my second most successful relationship after Grandma Wanye.

#16 pelhem grenville
July 27 2012, 06:15AM

...just saw the ON sticker...wow need one two or three...how much??? a thousand each!....K...

i will send the bank draft for 3 thousand US American Dollars to your Western Union drop box in SF as per your instructions...

... you can send my stickers to:

P.G. 167 Main Street,Glencoe Ontario, N0L1M0

#17 pelhem grenville
July 27 2012, 06:19AM

"...It's like we're virtually spooning..."

brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lmfao

#18 lostdog82
July 27 2012, 07:01AM

Looking for your approval wayne to get the oilersnation logo tattooed. *stands by waiting impatiently for permission*

#19 Gitagrip
July 27 2012, 08:43AM

Is it just me or is the Yak cross eyed?

#20 Mojo
July 27 2012, 09:21AM

Need....more....time....

#21 Scottie
July 27 2012, 12:04PM

Wait, the sticker is the ON logo updated to the current Orange & Blue colour scheme. Should we expect a website revamp to follow soon?