July 30 2012 12:55PM
After a scant few weeks, we've now completed our series of interviews with Calgary Flames prospects. Big thanks to the Flames staff for being so accommodating, and to the players themselves for the interviews.
If I were to characterize the new draftees, it would be "polite." Every 2012 draftee introduced themselves with a firm handshake and answered questions with a "heck yes" enthusiasm. The earlier draftees that seem to be finding success in the organization right now also seem to have that quality, so it'll be interesting to see if that kind of "rising to meet challenges" mentality continues to permeate the professional ranks.
For now, here's a sorted listing of all the interviews.
THE 2012 DRAFT CLASS
- F Mark Jankowski (first round pick)
- D Patrick Sieloff (second round pick)
- G Jon Gillies (third round pick)
- D Brett Kulak (fourth round pick)
- D Ryan Culkin (fifth round pick)
- F Coda Gordon (sixth round pick)
- F Matthew Deblouw (seventh round pick)
THE 2011 DRAFT CLASS
- F Sven Baertschi (first round pick)
- F Johnny Gaudreau (fourth round pick)
- G Laurent Brossoit (sixth round pick)