FGD: Suck It

Justin Azevedo
November 16 2013 03:30PM

Oilers Flames Hockey

Via halifaxdrunk

Originally, this was going to be a sob piece.

Man, was it ever going to be beautiful. Our cities' respective teams are both, in a word, repugnant. Flawed management persists, coaches play favourites, people still buy tickets and no one wins. There's so many reasons why fans of these two teams are alike.

But then I thought that wallowing in sadness wasn't really in the spirit of the Battle of Alberta.

So then I thought I would write about the juxtaposition of the Oilers (who have gone more than two decades without a cup, who have inept upper management leaders that refuse to abdicate their power to people who in no way could do a worse job running the team, who have endured a streak of more than half a decade without the playoffs and who have fans thinking there is no future) against the Flames, (who have gone more than two decades without a cup, who have inept upper management leaders that refuse to abdicate their power to people who in no way could do a worse job running the team than they have, who have endured a streak of more than half a decade without the playoffs and who have fans thinking there is no future) because the two teams are obviously so different. But that was a garbage idea too.

So, let's be honest here - in terms of the hockey game out there tonight, there's not really much to care about because both of these teams suck for so many reasons. Thus, that concludes your game preview.

 

Haha, man, you really did think that was the end, didn't you? Wouldn't be surprised. You are from Edmonton. Hell, I'm surprised you've even made it this far without slumping over and drooling on your keyboard.

 

I came to the conclusion that what I really should be writing about is how f***ing bad Edmonton is.

  • Every single one of your sports teams is garbage. They've all fallen, and they can't get up.
  • Seriously, what the f*ck is "#GOilers"? Goilers sounds like a mutated version of herpes.
  • H and E are really all that's left and E bleeds shot attempts. How awesome is that contract going to look in like, oh, 8 months ago?

Clean Hit

  • What in the blue f*ck is this stupid "squeeee" bullsh*t? "I'm going to make the most annoying noise possible when my favourite overrated player does anything remotely positive because LOL!" Good thing Eberle doesn't do much good often. 

GAZE UPON YOUR GOD, WHO HAS FORSAKEN YOU

  • God Edmonton media is just the worst, too. "Let's run every talented player who doesn't speak english out of town! GRIT! TOUGHNESS! GAZDICCCCCCCCCCCCCCC"

"Oh Yeah He Totally Won That One"

  • I had to drive through Edmonton on my way to Bonnyville this summer. Even passing through the city was terrible. The roads look like the pockmarked face of a 70 year old pack-a-day smoker. Even the "engineering wonder" that is the Anthony Henday is terrible in comparison to Calgary's ring road. Ours is going to be done when yours is even though it's longer (25 kms) and it started like a decade later.
  • I guess living within explosion distance of refineries makes up for the 2 cent difference in gas.
  • Does anyone really even give a sh*t about West Edmonton Mall anymore? All it is is monolithic, ugly and out-of-date.
  • Haha the downtown arena man that's a horrible idea huge waste of money
  • Oh that's still going forward okay then lol
  • Also looks like sperm

This was actually on the city's website. Seriously.

  • Can a city really be called a city of champions if no one ever wins anything?
  • Why are there hundreds of jacked up trucks that are always sparkling clean?
  • 2011's Homicide Capital of Canada!

Edmonton Sun, Jan. 1, 2012

  • Capital Ex (or Klondike days or whatever it's called) is basically the ginger who writes "butts" as an answer on his test compared to the A+ student that is the Calgary Stampede.
  • http://walkingdeadmonton.tumblr.com
  • We even hate Toronto, Vancouver and Montréal better than you do!

In summary,

Love, Justin

A9d138d0e612f28cd46f9b7057ed715d
Justin is a 23-year-old Flames fan who also happens to be pursuing a double major at the University of Calgary. He has played hockey at high levels, enjoys wearing shorts and tends to drink far too much Grasshopper. Please don't hate him.
Avatar
#351 Hauk15
November 17 2013, 12:04AM
Trash it!
3
trashes
Props
6
props
Todd wrote:

I know lots about your prospects. Lots a prayers and 2nd tier guys. Not 1 true elite guy. Zilch.

You have Robert Nilson, Andrew Cogliano and Pajarvi. Except even those guys were good enough to make the NHL at 19.

We have been in your shoes. We also hyped up second rate prospects as elite hopeful. You have no idea what's in store.

Serious Johnny Hockey?? Do you mean Nathan Gerbe. The other 5'0" college phenom hobby baker winner that Buffalo just bought out (Buffalo!!) it's hilarious how much hope Flamers but in an NCAA drawf with less then 1 second experience of pro hockey at any level .

You'll learn... Enjoy it

no point arguing with these tards Todd, they will see in time. they have nothing.

Avatar
#352 Jonny T
November 17 2013, 12:07AM
Trash it!
13
trashes
Props
4
props

@Todd

English Todd. English.

You're repeating yourself my man. I clearly said we will be collecting some elite talents in the future. Didn't say we had any now.

English Todd.

I said our prospects can contribute in different ways. I didn't say I'm hyping them up as "elite" hopefuls. Just that they have a better chance of augmenting our future elite players.

Johnny Hockey is a better player. Plain and simple. You know it, I know it. I honestly don't think he'll amount to be anything great, but I just have more hope because unlike you guys we'll build a "team".

You have failed in every department of hockey operations. To top it off....you're talking about edmonton. I don't have to say anything else. Just let your depression sink in.

Moral of the story...

English. Todd.

Avatar
#353 Old Retired Guy (A.K.A. Die-Nasty)
November 17 2013, 12:09AM
Trash it!
2
trashes
Props
6
props
Jeff In Lethbridge wrote:

actually it was prolly me that implied rebuild would be fast n easy... its just so easy to bait the oiler fans cause they are all on or past tbeir last nerve

:-D :-D :-D

Fast and Easy?.........do you have a pretty face Jeff?

Avatar
#354 Jonny T
November 17 2013, 12:11AM
Trash it!
3
trashes
Props
0
props

@oilslicks

Yeah. We did the same. Dubnyk didn't let us score stupid goals.

That's why I blamed Reto Berra.

I don't understand what you're trying to say exactly.

Avatar
#355 Hauk15
November 17 2013, 12:12AM
Trash it!
5
trashes
Props
13
props
Jonny T wrote:

And your goalie and offense doesn't?

Please. Stop talking about our prospects, you know nothing about them. Feed Marnincin some stakes.

You're a funny guy, you. I like you.

Sure our goalies suck. You can't even compare Calgary's offense to Edmonton's. Hall, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov, J.Schultz, Gagner, Perron,Hemsky. You guys have Monahan, BearChief, and Camalerri. Your prospects are junk bud, go ride a horse cowtown boy.

Avatar
#356 Jeff In Lethbridge
November 17 2013, 12:14AM
Trash it!
5
trashes
Props
3
props
Old Retired Guy (A.K.A. Die-Nasty) wrote:

Fast and Easy?.........do you have a pretty face Jeff?

i tbink thats the fourth time youve made sexual references towards me... makes me worried. hang around in seedy places like this i guess one can expect to bump into your type. are all edm guys as desperate as you?

Avatar
#357 Jeff In Lethbridge
November 17 2013, 12:15AM
Trash it!
14
trashes
Props
1
props

peace out.

Avatar
#358 Old Retired Guy (A.K.A. Die-Nasty)
November 17 2013, 12:15AM
Trash it!
6
trashes
Props
7
props
Jeff In Lethbridge wrote:

i tbink thats the fourth time youve made sexual references towards me... makes me worried. hang around in seedy places like this i guess one can expect to bump into your type. are all edm guys as desperate as you?

Did you not read the title of the article?......don't play coy Jeffery........is it ok if I call you Jeffery?

Avatar
#359 Hauk15
November 17 2013, 12:16AM
Trash it!
4
trashes
Props
19
props
Jeff In Lethbridge wrote:

peace out.

Flames suck. Goodnight plug.

Avatar
#360 Old Retired Guy (A.K.A. Die-Nasty)
November 17 2013, 12:17AM
Trash it!
4
trashes
Props
9
props

Damn! I think I scared him off......

Avatar
#361 Jonny T
November 17 2013, 12:17AM
Trash it!
12
trashes
Props
4
props

@Hauk15

Hauk15

Sigh.

You've finished deadlast or next to it 4 years in a row. You didn't develop these guys into incredible players on offence. They literally fell into your lap. That tends to happen when you've been a terrible team.

Please. You have nothing to proud about.

Of course our prospects don't compare right now. Could you please give us some time to finish last for a couple of years? Jeez.

Avatar
#362 geoilersgist
November 17 2013, 12:18AM
Trash it!
4
trashes
Props
17
props

EatSh!tFlames

That is all

Avatar
#363 Hauk15
November 17 2013, 12:18AM
Trash it!
6
trashes
Props
8
props
Old Retired Guy (A.K.A. Die-Nasty) wrote:

Damn! I think I scared him off......

good job, we gotta defend our internet territory from these flamer tools.

Avatar
#364 Hauk15
November 17 2013, 12:22AM
Trash it!
2
trashes
Props
8
props
Jonny T wrote:

Hauk15

Sigh.

You've finished deadlast or next to it 4 years in a row. You didn't develop these guys into incredible players on offence. They literally fell into your lap. That tends to happen when you've been a terrible team.

Please. You have nothing to proud about.

Of course our prospects don't compare right now. Could you please give us some time to finish last for a couple of years? Jeez.

my team made your team look like a bunch of plugs tonight, i'm proud. Off you go now flamer. bring your hopes and dreams of Calgary being better than Edmonton with you. 3 years in a row by the way, we got 60 games to go, Edmonton finishes 20th this year. Book it.

Avatar
#365 YFC Prez
November 17 2013, 12:24AM
Trash it!
3
trashes
Props
7
props
Hauk15 wrote:

good job, we gotta defend our internet territory from these flamer tools.

You know you are commenting on both sites right now right. check out flames nation, were also in their territory.

Avatar
#366 YFC Prez
November 17 2013, 12:27AM
Trash it!
3
trashes
Props
16
props

"What in the blue f*ck is this stupid "squeeee" bullsh*t? "I'm going to make the most annoying noise possible when my favourite overrated player does anything remotely positive because LOL!" Good thing Eberle doesn't do much good often"

*ahem* squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Avatar
#367 Gkpoil
November 17 2013, 12:27AM
Trash it!
3
trashes
Props
14
props
flameon47 wrote:

Yes because tanking for talent worked out sooooo well for you guys right? After all these first overall picks and tanking for your rebuild I guess you guys are finally in line for a playoff appearance right? Wait, what? Your 29th place in the league? Dat doesn't seem right for all the tanking you did for talent you must be higher in the ranks than that. Oh wait I forgot tanking for first overall picks don't get you into the playoffs. I thought you guys were gonna make the playoffs the year but so far it looks grim for you guys. Atleast we can learn from your teams mistakes and do our rebuild right way and maybe by the time we are finished with our rebuild you guys might be closer to playoff spot. But you should really try lowering your expectations because sure you won tonight by 2 goals even thought you were outplayed like you said, but we are just starting our rebuild and you guys are suppose to be finished (main word being suppose) your rebuild by now, so I guess when we finish ours we will be able to really walk over you guys. Skate over you guys I guess would be more correct...

Speaking of playoffs...

This last decade has been by far the worst in oilers history, but they've won the same amount of playoff series as the all-mighty flames.

Just a though before bed....

Avatar
#368 Hauk15
November 17 2013, 12:27AM
Trash it!
4
trashes
Props
6
props
Jonny T wrote:

Hauk15

Sigh.

You've finished deadlast or next to it 4 years in a row. You didn't develop these guys into incredible players on offence. They literally fell into your lap. That tends to happen when you've been a terrible team.

Please. You have nothing to proud about.

Of course our prospects don't compare right now. Could you please give us some time to finish last for a couple of years? Jeez.

By the way what players have you guys developed into incredible offensive players? please enlighten me?

Avatar
#369 lionlager
November 17 2013, 12:29AM
Trash it!
8
trashes
Props
14
props

Well, looks like you can't lose them all Oilers. The win feels weird I bet, but don't worry. You won't have to get used to it. Another season already written off. More top draft picks to collect and systematically break their spirits. Godspeed.

Avatar
#370 Pouzar99
November 17 2013, 12:34AM
Trash it!
1
trashes
Props
13
props

I loved it back in the day when the Oilers and Flames were fighting over the Stanley Cup and playing the best hockey in the world.

I endured it when for the past two decades they were fighting over the last playoff spot and playing mediocre hockey.

I can barely stand it now when they are fighting over who gets to pick first overall and the hockey is literally dreadful.

But the Oilers will always be my team, so it was nice to see them storm back and win tonight, 4-2 over the SaddleDopes. Nice night for Stempniak.

Avatar
#371 ?
November 17 2013, 12:36AM
Trash it!
8
trashes
Props
3
props
Hauk15 wrote:

Sure our goalies suck. You can't even compare Calgary's offense to Edmonton's. Hall, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov, J.Schultz, Gagner, Perron,Hemsky. You guys have Monahan, BearChief, and Camalerri. Your prospects are junk bud, go ride a horse cowtown boy.

That's what finishing among the leagues worst for 338473844 years like the oilers gets you.

Too bad Lowe has f**ked up your team so bad that the Oilers are gonna have go rebuild the rebuild.

Flames vs Oilers, 2027 1st rouns series.

Lol

Avatar
#372 Thinker
November 17 2013, 12:37AM
Trash it!
7
trashes
Props
0
props

@YFC Prez

Wayne where are you? I think a lifetime ban is in order.

Avatar
#373 Jonny T
November 17 2013, 12:41AM
Trash it!
12
trashes
Props
3
props

@Hauk15

Hauk.

You made us look like plugs for 6 minutes. You have pretty low standards for being proud of that.

We haven't developed any offensive stars yet. Do you read english? If we took your place in the past 4 years, we'd have your "elite" players. You finished last. Get over yourself.

Avatar
#374 ?
November 17 2013, 12:41AM
Trash it!
6
trashes
Props
3
props
Old Retired Guy (A.K.A. Die-Nasty) wrote:

Did you not read the title of the article?......don't play coy Jeffery........is it ok if I call you Jeffery?

Control your hormones sir :)

Avatar
#375 flameon47
November 17 2013, 12:41AM
Trash it!
4
trashes
Props
2
props

@Gkpoil

Doesn't seem like the oilers are going to do much to change it I guess they forgot when they finished their rebuild they are suppose to stop tanking, but I guess its an easy mistake to make when your players are so use to tanking. We will probably see the playoffs again before your team even moves from the bottom 10 in league just a few years of rebuilding to go.

Avatar
#376 Dave
November 17 2013, 12:42AM
Trash it!
4
trashes
Props
21
props

This is such a great piece because it shows the subtle differences between the Oiler bloggers and the Flames bloggers. Wanye will write his trash talk pieces and it comes across as a little playful and somewhat aggressive. This guy is dropping swears and just acting like a general douchebag with some pent up rage, and all of it is a garbage copycat bit trying to be like Wanye but without any of the self awareness.

So... to Justin: you aren't good at this. And some day the Oilers and Flames will be good again, but if you don't get your game on you'll still be an uninspired blogger.

Avatar
#377 YFC Prez
November 17 2013, 12:45AM
Trash it!
1
trashes
Props
6
props
Thinker wrote:

Wayne where are you? I think a lifetime ban is in order.

Lol. I assume your looking for wanye. Who's Wayne. Take a quick look at the article. It will all make sense.

Avatar
#378 Zarny
November 17 2013, 12:47AM
Trash it!
2
trashes
Props
13
props

Haha...nice W. Probably a game they shouldn't have won. Nice to see the other G let in a few softies.

Hopefully the Oil can get some confidence and build off of this.

Flames fans should buckle up for a long ride. They've got even less than the Oilers had when they started their rebuild.

Avatar
#379 Jonny T
November 17 2013, 12:49AM
Trash it!
9
trashes
Props
2
props

@Hauk15

Oh no. I'm so sorry I said the oilers finished 30th instead of 29th that "one" year...

Hahahahahahahaha.

That was a good chuckle. Thank you for that Hauk.

Hey Hauk...do you remember that time when you guys lost that game?

Ill just put you out of your misery. Oilers are a good team and edmonton is a nice city...

Happy now? Ill give you some gummie bears too.

Avatar
#380 Eddie Shore
November 17 2013, 01:00AM
Trash it!
1
trashes
Props
18
props

Hard to imagine something worse than this article yet the comments section trumps it. The comment sections are nearly unreadable these days.

On an unrelated note, thanks for the two points.

Avatar
#381 Jonny T
November 17 2013, 01:04AM
Trash it!
7
trashes
Props
2
props

@Eddie Shore

Living in Edmonton?

Avatar
#382 DrDave
November 17 2013, 02:00AM
Trash it!
2
trashes
Props
3
props

Suck it indeed! GOILERS!!!!

Avatar
#383 dangilitis
November 17 2013, 02:06AM
Trash it!
8
trashes
Props
12
props

Have to re-post some of my older material. Are you reading, Justin? Maybe you should come to Edmonton but I suspect you were too effin stupid to get into U of A so had to settle for U of C. Even so, you couldn't hack it in Edmonton, what, with your fear of its roads and gang violence... sissy boy!

Yes the roads suck in Edmonton but calgarian drivers might as well be driving on gravel road because they can't go a consecutive 60 minute period without crashing into one another.

Your team blows. The one thing I knew when the season started was that the Oil would dominate the lowly Flames, and you know what? 20 minutes away from hating the team for even failing to deliver on that. But leave it to the Flames to suck more. Cammalleri gone by the end of this year, and Hudler not too far behind. Monahan is the only good piece of that dreadful excuse for the organization and he will be bogged down by plugs for the next decade until he can't bear it and asks Jabba the Hut for a trade. Jankowski makes your team look like a laughing stock and the fact that Buffalo picked a dud at 14 doesn't make that pick look any less retarded.

The sense of undeserved entitlement in Calgary angers even Rob Ford. A bunch of spoiled oil execs and pretentious 20-30 somethings with more money than common sense. And too stupid to see the parallels between the Oilers and the Flames, and to see that their team is actually 5 years behind, despite a similar record of futility in what actually matters, which is playoff success.

Fact - every time the Flames have won the conference, the Oilers have won the conference the following year. Everything you think the Flames can do well (excluding sucking), the Oilers will do it better, no matter how much they suck. Because Calgary will always be Edmonton's spoiled, bitter little sister (kind of like Daniel to Henrik, or vice versa, I don't really care)

Nenshi will be getting senior discounts at Applebee's before calgarians sniff the playoffs again.

So Justin, time to fold up your Kiprusoff jersey, fall off your sad bandwagon for the next decade and hopefully longer, and try and enjoy your team's success in an 8 team beer league that no one watches outside of Calgary and the province of Saskatchewan. Wait, no one will watch in Calgary either once the Riders romp the Stamps.

And DSF, wow you are a coward. Ference is a million times the human being that you are. Why do I know this? Because he doesn't post stuff to antagonize a group of people and then run away before people can engage. You are a real loser. Maybe you should move to Calgary, you'd fit right in. And why don't you give Justin while you're here, misery loves company...

Avatar
#384 Burnward
November 17 2013, 02:36AM
Trash it!
2
trashes
Props
6
props

Maybe this combined game thread thing isn't such a good idea.

Pretty ridiculous.

Avatar
#385 Naky
November 17 2013, 03:28AM
Trash it!
2
trashes
Props
7
props

Blah blah blah your city sucks blah blah blah your team sucks blah blah blah you haven't won anything blah blah blah.

Pretty much what the comments section reads for either team's fans.

What a waste of time.

Instead, the two fan bases should be united in their realization that their team sucks and that they need to start holding their management and ownership responsible for the on-ice product by not supporting it so blindly.

But, hey, what is this common sense and logic I speak of? Allow me to write a pointless tirade of what section of which city sucks more than the others' instead.

Avatar
#386 SydScout
November 17 2013, 03:56AM
Trash it!
5
trashes
Props
1
props
Burnward wrote:

Maybe this combined game thread thing isn't such a good idea.

Pretty ridiculous.

If Kent, Justin et al are reading, any chance we could get two threads going for Flames Oilers games. One for analysis, one for trolls.

My brain has atrophied reading pathetic sniping from behind monitors. Reflecting particularly poorly on Oilers, serious vitriol descending into tedium en mass.

Side note - often wondered why Oilers got more comments on their threads. Now understand the content. YYC fans haven't exactly covered themselves in glory either.

Enough.

Avatar
#387 oilerman53
November 17 2013, 05:44AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
4
props

The Oilers put together a late game rally to actually win a game!!! Yeesh the Battle Of Alberta has started to smell something awful the past few years. Tonight I sleep better knowing we stuck it to Calgary amidst our general sh!ttiness. Hahahhahahha Suck It!

Avatar
#388 hemi
November 17 2013, 05:50AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
8
props

Bottom line, The Oil WON! I will take it.

Avatar
#389 MessyEH!
November 17 2013, 06:07AM
Trash it!
3
trashes
Props
9
props
dougtheslug wrote:

Here's what's really tragic.

This province is the hockey capital of the world. We produce hockey players like Vancouver produces street arsonists and Toronto produces ludicrous mayors. Do you realize that there are more than twice as many Alberta born players in the NHL than there are Russian born players? And Russia has 100 times the population, and twice as much snow.

Alberta has produced Hart, Norris, and Vezina trophy winners. Alberta born players captain three NHL teams. The next big thing in hockey, 15 year old Tyler Benson, is from Alberta. He shattered the Alberta Bantam scoring record last year. The record he broke belonged to Joffrey Lupul. And whose record did Lupul break? Jerome Inginla's. This province breeds excellence in hockey.

In the 1980's our professional teams reflected that. For eight (that is EIGHT!) straight years an Alberta team was in the Stanley Cup final, winning 6 times. Alberta owned the NHL in the 1980's. Alberta was called Death Valley for eastern teams making their swing through here.

We have the most loyal, rabid, knowledgable hockey fans in the NHL. And that is because most of us have played the game, coached our kids, got up at 5:30 to clear the outdoor rinks or to drive to 6 a.m. practices. We live, breathe and die for the game.

The Battle of Alberta used to mean something. It used to mean the battle for supremacy of the NHL. Which used to mean, when Edmonton played Calgary back in the 1980's, it was to determine who was the best Hockey Club in the world. Yes. The World.

So now, as we prepare for tonight's tilt, between two bottom feeders with nothing at stake but the title of least worst "professional"team in the NHL, it makes me mad and sad. Ignorance, arrogance, cronyism, breathtaking stupidity, yeah they're all to blame for our plight. We've been over it all so many times I can't bear to rehash the reasons for this disgrace.

I just think it didn't have to be this way. It shouldn't be like this. None of us, North and South, Flame or Oiler, deserve this.

Can't beleive this got two trashes.

Avatar
#390 Darrell
November 17 2013, 06:29AM
Trash it!
1
trashes
Props
5
props
lionlager wrote:

Well, looks like you can't lose them all Oilers. The win feels weird I bet, but don't worry. You won't have to get used to it. Another season already written off. More top draft picks to collect and systematically break their spirits. Godspeed.

Beat your asses and played one period of hockey ! Thank God as that was speed :). As for the rest of you Flames fans - eat sh!t - sqeee-haw y'all ....

Avatar
#391 Jeff In Lethbridge
November 17 2013, 06:36AM
Trash it!
4
trashes
Props
2
props
YFC Prez wrote:

You know you are commenting on both sites right now right. check out flames nation, were also in their territory.

this was pointed out several times but I don't think he ever quite figured it out. It is a pretty complex idea for some, obviously. ;-)

Avatar
#392 andy
November 17 2013, 08:33AM
Trash it!
1
trashes
Props
5
props

wooow a troll piece. real original

first daily dsf, and now this

im done with this site

Avatar
#393 Quintana
November 17 2013, 08:33AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
Props
6
props
geoilersgist wrote:

EatSh!tFlames

That is all

And EatSh!t Justin..

Now that is all

Avatar
#394 travis
November 17 2013, 08:36AM
Trash it!
6
trashes
Props
3
props
dangilitis wrote:

Have to re-post some of my older material. Are you reading, Justin? Maybe you should come to Edmonton but I suspect you were too effin stupid to get into U of A so had to settle for U of C. Even so, you couldn't hack it in Edmonton, what, with your fear of its roads and gang violence... sissy boy!

Yes the roads suck in Edmonton but calgarian drivers might as well be driving on gravel road because they can't go a consecutive 60 minute period without crashing into one another.

Your team blows. The one thing I knew when the season started was that the Oil would dominate the lowly Flames, and you know what? 20 minutes away from hating the team for even failing to deliver on that. But leave it to the Flames to suck more. Cammalleri gone by the end of this year, and Hudler not too far behind. Monahan is the only good piece of that dreadful excuse for the organization and he will be bogged down by plugs for the next decade until he can't bear it and asks Jabba the Hut for a trade. Jankowski makes your team look like a laughing stock and the fact that Buffalo picked a dud at 14 doesn't make that pick look any less retarded.

The sense of undeserved entitlement in Calgary angers even Rob Ford. A bunch of spoiled oil execs and pretentious 20-30 somethings with more money than common sense. And too stupid to see the parallels between the Oilers and the Flames, and to see that their team is actually 5 years behind, despite a similar record of futility in what actually matters, which is playoff success.

Fact - every time the Flames have won the conference, the Oilers have won the conference the following year. Everything you think the Flames can do well (excluding sucking), the Oilers will do it better, no matter how much they suck. Because Calgary will always be Edmonton's spoiled, bitter little sister (kind of like Daniel to Henrik, or vice versa, I don't really care)

Nenshi will be getting senior discounts at Applebee's before calgarians sniff the playoffs again.

So Justin, time to fold up your Kiprusoff jersey, fall off your sad bandwagon for the next decade and hopefully longer, and try and enjoy your team's success in an 8 team beer league that no one watches outside of Calgary and the province of Saskatchewan. Wait, no one will watch in Calgary either once the Riders romp the Stamps.

And DSF, wow you are a coward. Ference is a million times the human being that you are. Why do I know this? Because he doesn't post stuff to antagonize a group of people and then run away before people can engage. You are a real loser. Maybe you should move to Calgary, you'd fit right in. And why don't you give Justin while you're here, misery loves company...

Please man. I'm a proud Edmontonian, even though I don't live there anymore, and your post is so over-exaggerated it actually makes me gag. Stop your incessant non-sense. We won 1 meaningless game. You're embarrassing us. Edmonton is a terrible city. It just is...accept it. Don't try to sugarcoat it. I love edmonton because it's my home, but I mean, in all seriousness, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Avatar
#395 Chet134
November 17 2013, 08:41AM
Trash it!
3
trashes
Props
3
props

I don't understand how any Edmonton Oiler fan can make fun of any franchise in the league. After this year the oilers will have tied a league record for the most consecutive years being out of the playoffs. After next year we will have the record. The oilers are the laughing stock of the league. We're run by egos and excuses. The one positive out of this season is that Edmonton has very loyal fans under another dismal season. I'm not looking for the world but I'm looking for accountability.

Avatar
#396 Dangilitis
November 17 2013, 08:43AM
Trash it!
1
trashes
Props
8
props

I love it. Flames fans enjoyed the pre-game blog and earlier part of the night where they could hurl insults at the Oilers and their fans. Then, 6 minutes of reality on the ice and then sh*t got real for you. Now, we have hypocrites from Calgary coming out of the wood works saying Oilers fans are being malicious, immature, etc. But the insults were okay when they suited you, right? Believe me, no Oilers fan likes sharing blogs with you neanderthals. Why don't you all forget about this blog, and go back to the purely Flames Nation propaganda that defends the idiots in upper management and applauds the team's efforts in spite of futility. That was the state of Oilers fandom 5 years ago. Ignorance is bliss.

Avatar
#397 Dangilitis
November 17 2013, 08:53AM
Trash it!
1
trashes
Props
8
props
travis wrote:

Please man. I'm a proud Edmontonian, even though I don't live there anymore, and your post is so over-exaggerated it actually makes me gag. Stop your incessant non-sense. We won 1 meaningless game. You're embarrassing us. Edmonton is a terrible city. It just is...accept it. Don't try to sugarcoat it. I love edmonton because it's my home, but I mean, in all seriousness, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

What part of it is nonsense? Let's dissect. The fact that Calgary Flames suck? No. That the team is rebuilding and will lose its best current players in that process? No. The fact that the U of A is a superior institution to U of C? No one would debate that. That the Flames management has managed to do as crappy a job as the Oilers? Nope. The fact that Calgarians cling to the fact that one of their 2 sports teams is successful, yet that success is in a league where there are only 8 teams. No.

I am having real trouble seeing why you would gag, unless you can't co-ordinate your own tongue's movements. Which would make it real hard to swallow the news that you are an idiot.

Avatar
#398 seve927
November 17 2013, 09:04AM
Trash it!
1
trashes
Props
1
props

Topsy turvy night in the NHL. Preds beat the Hawks, Panthers beat Avs, Isles beat the Wings, Coyotes beat the Lightning, Devils beat the Penguins and the Oilers beat the Flames. Sometimes you just shake your head and move on.

Avatar
#399 DoubleDIon
November 17 2013, 09:07AM
Trash it!
8
trashes
Props
1
props

Edmonton is one of the ugliest cities on the planet. Most cities in 3rd world countries have less garbage laying about.

The only viable businesses in Edmonton are pawn shops where their criminals can unload goods they've stolen from other places and porn shops where the perverts of the city can come together and feel like they aren't the dregs of society because there are other people from Edmonton there.

There, I've contributed to the troll blog... ;)

Avatar
#400 travis
November 17 2013, 09:12AM
Trash it!
4
trashes
Props
4
props

@Dangilitis

It's non-sense because you wrote a goddamn essay to try and overcompensate your personal insecurities. I'm an Oilers fan you retard. I'm just telling you to not get too proud because we've been worse longer than them, and I have 0 confidence it'll get better anytime soon. As an observant hockey fan, the flames management for many years were living in an illusion predicated on Darryl Sutter's terrible signings and philosophy. Feaster finally had some cap room and flexibility to put his own stamp on this team, and I'd say he's done a better job than our idiotic general managers. The moves Feaster made this offseason were actually pretty solid. He signed effective role players for cheap, retained useful veterans,has a plan of a team identity moving forward, and now has tons of cap space to work with. He also has us as an example of not to run a rebuild.

As mind boggling as they are at times (Jankowski??) I can guarantee you, when the time comes to draft a defenceman or a forward,they'll go for need and realize the importance of a strong blueline, and versatility/size down the middle. Our inept management clearly does not know how to build a team. Unfortunately, I am still an Oilers fan through and through, sigh. I'm hoping when our young guns reach their prime, we'll be a good team once again, but that will mainly be due their talent. Not a solid team game.

I also go to University of Toronto, which is better than the U of A and U of C combined. What is your point? What do universities have to do with anything?

Comments are closed for this article.