Corban Knight Facts

Kent Wilson
June 18 2013 12:48PM

 

 

Our own Mr. BookofLoob has been warning folks on twitter that the excitement level surrounding new Flame Corban Knight seems to be a little out of step with how important the player actually is in the grand scheme of things. And fair enough.

But I bite my thumb an that entirely common sense advice. We Flames fans have had precious little to celebrate in over the last 20 few years, so any good news is great news given how parched we are for such sweet nectar.

So in direct opposition to BoL's advice, many folks (well...mostly myself) are now showering Knight with effusive, entirely unreasonable superlatives on twitter. I figured we might as well extend the exercise to the site.

 

 

Get in the spirit and share your Corban Knight facts in the comments.

39d8109299a9795cb3b41a4e9b49d501
Former Nations Overlord. Current Fn contributor and curmudgeon For questions, complaints, criticisms, etc contact Kent @ kent.wilson@gmail. Follow him on Twitter here.
Avatar
#51 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 02:48PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban Knight can pass the Voight-Kampf test.

Avatar
#52 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 02:48PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban Knight can pass the Voight-Kampf test.

Darn double post. Please delete.

Avatar
#53 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 02:50PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

After seeing 'Schindler's List', Corban Knight went back in time to help defeat the Nazis.

Avatar
#54 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 02:52PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Adam Oates gets advice on winning face-offs from Corban Knight.

Avatar
#55 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 02:54PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

There is no evolution, there are only those species that Corban Knight chooses to let live.

Avatar
#56 MC Hockey
June 18 2013, 02:55PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
BurningSensation wrote:

Adam Oates gets advice on winning face-offs from Corban Knight.

Don't you mean giving assists...that's where Oates shined

Avatar
#57 kdunbar
June 18 2013, 02:56PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban Knight was the reason Chuck Noris retired.

No pressure kid.

Avatar
#58 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 02:59PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban Knight knows what the Matrix is.

Avatar
#59 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 03:00PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
MC Hockey wrote:

Don't you mean giving assists...that's where Oates shined

For sure, but Oates was also a premier guy at the dot.

Avatar
#60 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 03:12PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

The last digit of pi is Corban Knight

Avatar
#61 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 03:14PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Jim Corsi called and wants the stat changed to the 'Corban Rate'

Avatar
#62 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 03:25PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
2
props

Corban Knight knows where Waldo is.

Avatar
#63 NateBaldwin
June 18 2013, 03:28PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Not sure if somebody hit this chord already but

"Corban Knight is the best player not in the NHL"

Avatar
#64 Baalzamon
June 18 2013, 03:29PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
BurningSensation wrote:

Corban Knight knows where Waldo is.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060329204150/waldo/images/2/2a/Simpsons1.JPG

Avatar
#65 Danger
June 18 2013, 03:31PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

Fact #1: Corban Knight's future shining play is the reason Corey Hart was wearing his sunglasses back in the 80s. Corey Hart just isn't very good at spelling.

Fact #2: Corey Hart wasn't a one-hit wonder, he just went into hiding once he realized he'd misspelled Corban's last name.

Avatar
#66 Danger
June 18 2013, 03:33PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
NateBaldwin wrote:

Not sure if somebody hit this chord already but

"Corban Knight is the best player not in the NHL"

The NHL was only the best league without a Corban Knight in it this season.

Avatar
#67 Danger
June 18 2013, 03:34PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
2
props

Corban Knight is the Apex Player.

Avatar
#69 JFK
June 18 2013, 03:41PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban Knight is the Force. May the Corban Knight be with you.

Avatar
#70 Danger
June 18 2013, 03:42PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

September 10, 1990: Corban Knight is born. George Bush and Mikhail Gorbachev meet in Helsinki to discuss the ramifications of this momentous event.

Avatar
#71 Danger
June 18 2013, 03:49PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

The only reason Gordie Howe got to have the nickname "Mr. Hockey" is because Corban Knight doesn't like being called "Mister".

Avatar
#72 everton fc
June 18 2013, 04:03PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Man, you'd think we'd signed the next superstar! He may never play a game in the league. Let's see how he fares in Abby, where he's headed.

Avatar
#73 Charleston Kingsley
June 18 2013, 04:06PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban Knight skates faster than the speed of light.

Avatar
#74 Baalzamon
June 18 2013, 04:06PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

@everton fc

You do realize the sarcastometer has been broken for about 3 hours now, right? haha.

Avatar
#75 Artax
June 18 2013, 04:10PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

If Jesus and Prophet mohammed had a baby, his name would be Corban Knight.

Avatar
#76 everton fc
June 18 2013, 04:15PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Baalzamon wrote:

You do realize the sarcastometer has been broken for about 3 hours now, right? haha.

Book it! ;)

Avatar
#77 MC Hockey
June 18 2013, 04:22PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Artax wrote:

If Jesus and Prophet mohammed had a baby, his name would be Corban Knight.

Oh for sure.

Avatar
#78 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 04:27PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

The mountain only went to Muhammed on it's way to see Corban Knight

Avatar
#79 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 04:32PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

The sound of one hand clapping is 'Corban Knight'

Avatar
#80 WildFire
June 18 2013, 04:39PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
2
props

Corban Knight allowed the Oilers to amass all those number one picks, just so he could singlehandedly beat them as a Flame.

Avatar
#81 aloudoun
June 18 2013, 04:40PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

If a tree falls in the forest and no one was there to hear it, Corban Knight heard it anyway.

Avatar
#82 Halt
June 18 2013, 04:41PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban Knight is a Jedi Knight.

Case closed

Avatar
#83 Q
June 18 2013, 04:43PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Totally unrelated comments here, but I have to comment. Rob Kerr is the biggest idiot in Media! I've been trying to listen to him on the fan 960 today and he tries so hard to sound professional it makes me sick! He talks like he has decades of experience and knowledge but quite frankly is embarrassing to listen to! Just aweful! He's a crappy commentator! This guy is an idiot! Please sportsnet, enough of his blabber!

Avatar
#84 Tommynotsohuge
June 18 2013, 04:43PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

The square root of Corbin Knight = Pain

Avatar
#85 aloudoun
June 18 2013, 04:45PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban Knight is "some kind of player" according to Peter Loubardias

Avatar
#86 Rockmorton65
June 18 2013, 04:52PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

If you say Corban Knight really slow, it sounds like "gullible"

Avatar
#87 Hank Williams
June 18 2013, 05:00PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

May the Corban Knight with you

Avatar
#88 Hank Williams
June 18 2013, 05:02PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

May Corban Knight BE with you!

Avatar
#89 KetchupKid
June 18 2013, 05:15PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

If you can see Corban Knight, he can see you. If you CAN'T see Corban Knight, you may be seconds away from losing puck possession.

Avatar
#91 Baalzamon
June 18 2013, 05:31PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Kent Wilson wrote:

The Knight is dark and full of terrors.

Good thing we have the Knight's Watch to protect us.

Avatar
#92 gotommygo
June 18 2013, 05:36PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Q wrote:

Totally unrelated comments here, but I have to comment. Rob Kerr is the biggest idiot in Media! I've been trying to listen to him on the fan 960 today and he tries so hard to sound professional it makes me sick! He talks like he has decades of experience and knowledge but quite frankly is embarrassing to listen to! Just aweful! He's a crappy commentator! This guy is an idiot! Please sportsnet, enough of his blabber!

Perhaps Sportsnet should consider replacing Kerr with, oh, I don't know who .... Corban Knight. But can he be as good a commentator as Rob Kerr whilst playing hockey at the same time? Perhaps with a wireless microphone. I'm not sure about that. What am I saying, of course he can. He's Corban Knight. He could replace Kerr, Millions and Simmer.

Avatar
#93 Danger
June 18 2013, 05:37PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

Corban Knight practices faceoffs with the golden stick he got by beating the Devil in a faceoff contest.

Avatar
#95 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 05:47PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

"Dean Keaton used to say that he didn't believe in God, but he was afraid of him. Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Corban Knight."

Avatar
#96 SmellOfVictory
June 18 2013, 05:49PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

Corban Knight can sing at a pitch that will shatter a wine glass. He can also sing at a pitch that will mend the resulting shards back into a better, stronger wine glass.

Avatar
#97 gotommygo
June 18 2013, 06:11PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
BurningSensation wrote:

"Dean Keaton used to say that he didn't believe in God, but he was afraid of him. Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Corban Knight."

Nice

Avatar
#98 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 06:40PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

""Because he's the hero that Calgary deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero...he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Corban Knight".

Avatar
#99 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 06:43PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Little known fact; he once starred in an original series Star Trek episode, 'The Corban Knight Maneuver'

Avatar
#100 TheCalgaryJames
June 18 2013, 06:59PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
1
props

Some children pee their names into snow Corban Knight can pee his name into solid concrete

Comments are closed for this article.