Corban Knight Facts

Kent Wilson
June 18 2013 12:48PM

 

 

Our own Mr. BookofLoob has been warning folks on twitter that the excitement level surrounding new Flame Corban Knight seems to be a little out of step with how important the player actually is in the grand scheme of things. And fair enough.

But I bite my thumb an that entirely common sense advice. We Flames fans have had precious little to celebrate in over the last 20 few years, so any good news is great news given how parched we are for such sweet nectar.

So in direct opposition to BoL's advice, many folks (well...mostly myself) are now showering Knight with effusive, entirely unreasonable superlatives on twitter. I figured we might as well extend the exercise to the site.

 

 

Get in the spirit and share your Corban Knight facts in the comments.

39d8109299a9795cb3b41a4e9b49d501
Former Nations Overlord. Current Fn contributor and curmudgeon For questions, complaints, criticisms, etc contact Kent @ kent.wilson@gmail. Follow him on Twitter here.
Avatar
#101 Hank Williams
June 18 2013, 05:02PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

May Corban Knight BE with you!

Avatar
#102 KetchupKid
June 18 2013, 05:15PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

If you can see Corban Knight, he can see you. If you CAN'T see Corban Knight, you may be seconds away from losing puck possession.

Avatar
#104 Baalzamon
June 18 2013, 05:31PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Kent Wilson wrote:

The Knight is dark and full of terrors.

Good thing we have the Knight's Watch to protect us.

Avatar
#105 gotommygo
June 18 2013, 05:36PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Q wrote:

Totally unrelated comments here, but I have to comment. Rob Kerr is the biggest idiot in Media! I've been trying to listen to him on the fan 960 today and he tries so hard to sound professional it makes me sick! He talks like he has decades of experience and knowledge but quite frankly is embarrassing to listen to! Just aweful! He's a crappy commentator! This guy is an idiot! Please sportsnet, enough of his blabber!

Perhaps Sportsnet should consider replacing Kerr with, oh, I don't know who .... Corban Knight. But can he be as good a commentator as Rob Kerr whilst playing hockey at the same time? Perhaps with a wireless microphone. I'm not sure about that. What am I saying, of course he can. He's Corban Knight. He could replace Kerr, Millions and Simmer.

Avatar
#107 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 05:47PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

"Dean Keaton used to say that he didn't believe in God, but he was afraid of him. Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Corban Knight."

Avatar
#108 gotommygo
June 18 2013, 06:11PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
BurningSensation wrote:

"Dean Keaton used to say that he didn't believe in God, but he was afraid of him. Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Corban Knight."

Nice

Avatar
#109 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 06:40PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

""Because he's the hero that Calgary deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero...he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Corban Knight".

Avatar
#110 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 06:43PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Little known fact; he once starred in an original series Star Trek episode, 'The Corban Knight Maneuver'

Avatar
#111 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 07:04PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Rockmorton65 wrote:

If you say Corban Knight really slow, it sounds like "gullible"

Nobody can hear you over the sound of how awesome Corban Knight is.

Avatar
#112 please cancel acct
June 18 2013, 07:53PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Kent Have you gone off your Corsi? Or perhaps all this drafting has kept you up at Knight!

Avatar
#113 Derzie
June 18 2013, 08:04PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Kipper just awoke from a summer nap mumbling 'Corban is coming...Get me Feaster on the Line!!! Summer's over. Where's my skates and smokes!'

Avatar
#114 RexLibris
June 18 2013, 08:34PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

It isn't Corban Knight, but it is pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch5MEJk5ZCQ

Avatar
#115 jeremywilhelm
June 18 2013, 08:36PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
aloudoun wrote:

If a tree falls in the forest and no one was there to hear it, Corban Knight heard it anyway.

This one made me laugh for some reason.

Avatar
#117 DSF
June 18 2013, 08:58PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
Kent Wilson wrote:

105 Corban Knight joke comments. You guys rule.

No, Corban Knight rules.

These guys are just pretenders.

Avatar
#118 ChinookArch
June 18 2013, 09:45PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban Knight is known to have used the phone twice. Once, to instruct the Flames to employ his father. And a second time to provide the team instructions on how to prepare for his arrival..

Avatar
#119 J.P.
June 18 2013, 10:02PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Next year the Flames skate into the playoffs only to look back and see one pair of skate tracks, Corban Knight's!

Avatar
#120 Tommynotsohuge
June 18 2013, 10:23PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

I don't know if anybody has told you this, but Corban Knight is kind of a big deal

Avatar
#121 CaleHulse
June 18 2013, 10:27PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Sorry, this is probably the wrong post to comment on, but I had to get this out there. The latest update from the Avalanche says they're leaning toward taking either Mackinnon, Drouin, or Barkov. So they're passing on Jones. You guys think they're actually leaning toward taking him, or is it a ploy to get more value in a trade with let's say a team like the Flames???

Not sure if I can link the article here...it's my first time posting

Avatar
#122 Ken V.
June 18 2013, 10:30PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
CaleHulse wrote:

Sorry, this is probably the wrong post to comment on, but I had to get this out there. The latest update from the Avalanche says they're leaning toward taking either Mackinnon, Drouin, or Barkov. So they're passing on Jones. You guys think they're actually leaning toward taking him, or is it a ploy to get more value in a trade with let's say a team like the Flames???

Not sure if I can link the article here...it's my first time posting

Your first sentence up to the second comma is correct according to Corban Knight

Avatar
#123 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 10:31PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
CaleHulse wrote:

Sorry, this is probably the wrong post to comment on, but I had to get this out there. The latest update from the Avalanche says they're leaning toward taking either Mackinnon, Drouin, or Barkov. So they're passing on Jones. You guys think they're actually leaning toward taking him, or is it a ploy to get more value in a trade with let's say a team like the Flames???

Not sure if I can link the article here...it's my first time posting

Latest update from where?

It's certainly possible they could be saying this to drive up the price, it's also very possible they have no intention of trading the pick. It's impossible to say.

Everybody's nervous their first time posting. I'm sure you'll last longer next time.

Avatar
#124 CaleHulse
June 18 2013, 10:32PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Never mind. The article's on NHL.com

Avatar
#125 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 10:33PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban Knight once shot the puck so hard he broke the goalie's soul.

Avatar
#126 CaleHulse
June 18 2013, 10:34PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

It was originally from the Denver Post.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_23489308/avalanche-pass-seth-jones-take-forward-joe-sakic?source=email

Avatar
#127 Ken V.
June 18 2013, 10:39PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban Knight started the mass vehicle pile up on the QE2 this past winter cause he played chicken with a semi and won.

Avatar
#128 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 10:41PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
CaleHulse wrote:

Never mind. The article's on NHL.com

The only name that is a stretch for me at #1 is Barkov, and that's only because MacKinnon is a known quantity at the same position and with fewer flaws.

Otherwise it is entire reasonable for any of the big three to go first overall.

Avatar
#129 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 10:43PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban Knight is on double secret probation.

Avatar
#130 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 11:06PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corbin Knight is faster than Paris Hilton

Avatar
#131 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 11:06PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Floyd Mayweather is still ducking Corban Knight

Avatar
#132 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 11:09PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban Knight knows what really happened that day up on Choctaw ridge

Avatar
#133 BurningSensation
June 18 2013, 11:15PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

If awesome were people, Corban Knight would be China

Avatar
#134 Baalzamon
June 18 2013, 11:20PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

The Avalanche really want to take Corban Knight first overall. But they can't, because he picked Calgary first overall.

In all seriousness, I think there's a real possibility Colorado goes with Drouin or Barkov just to mess with everyone.

Avatar
#135 Chris
June 19 2013, 12:08AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

No matter how well Corban Knight does in the NHL, one thing's for certain: he's a lock to run chucknorrisfacts.com once Chuck gets bored of it. :)

Avatar
#136 FireOnIce
June 19 2013, 12:54AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

According to a bunch of different "sources", Sakic has a man crush on Barkov. If they took Barkov #1 overall, Feaster had better be offering the farm to get that #2 pick from FLA.

BTW Dater followed up that previous article with his own blog post about the matter. He doesn't think it's BS, just that they would rather take the BPA, and the Avs' management doesn't think that's Jones anymore.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/06/18/avs-to-pass-on-seth-jones-but-is-it-a-bluff/13883/

Maybe it's all bullcrap, never can trust a GM at this time of the year.

Avatar
#137 Hank Williams
June 19 2013, 07:41AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

CorBron Knight and the Miami Heat(same name as Abbotsford) even up the series with the Spurs 3-3.

Avatar
#138 marty
June 19 2013, 09:11AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban Knight knows where jimmy hoffa is buried

Avatar
#139 marty
June 19 2013, 09:12AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

@Artax

i disagree corban knight is jesus

Avatar
#140 marty
June 19 2013, 09:18AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban did 3 tours in 'Nam...... I was in Corpus Christi on business a month ago. I had this eight foot tall Asian waiter, which made me curious. I asked him his name. Sure enough it's Ho Tran Knight!

Avatar
#141 House
June 19 2013, 01:28PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban's a Knight in shining armor that's predominantly red with white, yellow, and black trim.

Avatar
#142 Trianglereverie
June 19 2013, 03:12PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Corban Knight's sperm comes equipped with jet packs and lazer beams. Ladies you'll never know what hit your ovaries. Oh wait it was mini Knights.

Avatar
#143 Trianglereverie
June 19 2013, 03:13PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props
marty wrote:

Corban Knight knows where jimmy hoffa is buried

Corban Knight is the reason jimmy Hoffa has not been found. :P

Avatar
#144 Burnward
June 19 2013, 04:49PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

Before Corban, there was only day.

Avatar
#145 Burnward
June 19 2013, 04:55PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

When asked why he wanted to be a Flame, Knight said, "Because I'm Corban and I was burn to burn, son."

Avatar
#146 Parallex
June 20 2013, 04:17PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

When George Lucas was writing star wars he had to ask the universe to think up something strong enough to contain the awesomeness of Han Solo so the universe whispered "CorbanKnight".

Avatar
#147 suba steve
June 20 2013, 09:49PM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

I was just rescued by a manure spreader truck from the flood in High River. Corban, you have forsaken us.

Actually, I imagine the Knight family is also suffering from the flood. Hope they are safe and warm tonight, as am I.

Avatar
#148 Parallex
June 21 2013, 11:20AM
Trash it!
0
trashes
+1
0
props

@suba steve

Forsaken?... who do think sent that manure spreader truck? Corban be praised!

Comments are closed for this article.