April 29 2014 11:18AM
Welcome back to the Flames Fifteen - this is our 3rd annual ranking of the Flames' prospects.
It is thought that a player's 23 year old season is the one where he goes from prospect to NHLer - or, for some, to tweener. Therefore, that is our cut-off line. I asked the evaluators to base their rankings on four things - performance, NHL readiness, age and impact of their position. The weight each judge put into each category was up to them.
We asked our panel to rank every player under 23 in the Flames system as of March 30th (when I sent out the request), with points being awarded to the top 15 - 1 point for their 15th ranked player, and 15 for their 1st ranked player, etc. In the event of ties, the highest overall single ranking prevailed. The panel this year includes myself, Kent Wilson, Ryan Pike, Book of Loob, Christian Roatis, Byron Bader and Taylor McKee.
There are numerous faces who didn't make the cut, graduated or left the rankings.
Not Top-15, but received Top-15 votes:
- Pat Sieloff (16th) - one 15th place vote, one 10th place vote.
- Mike Ferland (17th) - two 15th place votes, one 14th place vote, one 13th place vote.
- Coda Gordon (18th) - one 15th place vote, one 14th place vote.
- TJ Brodie (1st last year)
- Mark Cundari (7th last year)
- Lance Bouma (8th last year)
Ranked last year but not this year:
- Roman Horak (4th, traded)
- Laurent Brossoit (10th, traded)
- Mike Ferland (14th, injured)