December 30 2011 08:29PM
Final Score - 4-3 OTL
December 30 2011 04:56PM
For those who stop by the live chat or want to follow along at a friends house or bar, the Charlie Simmer drinking game:
- drink whenever he starts a sentence with "again..." if it's the first time he's mentioned the issue that night.
- drink whenever he says "keep(ing) their feet moving".
- drink whenever he notes the team must "keep it simple"
- drink when he mentions the key to the attack or the power play is getting pucks/bodies to the net
- have a shot whenever items 2-4 appear together in the same sentence
- drink whenever Charlie mixes metaphors or messes up a common colloquialism
Nation World HQ
December 30 2011 11:42AM
After a fairly flat performance Thursday night in a 3-1 loss to the New York Islanders, the Calgary Flames get right back at it toinght, visiting the Ottawa Senators for the only time this season (5:30 pm, Sportsnet West and Sportsnet 960). That's two consecutive meh performances for the Flames, and the Islanders were able to take advantage of them, winning on the scoresheet and in the scoring chance battle, snapping Calgary's four game win streak in the process.
December 30 2011 10:42AM
I stumbled on some worthwhile Flamess material to share this morning before the game tonight
First up, we have a Jay Feaster interview courtesy Timo Seppa of Hockey Prospectus. Timo attended the Flames/Islanders game last night and managed to ask the Flames GM about the team's recent success, as well as Calgary's main challenges and the acquisition of Blake Comeau.
December 30 2011 09:48AM
The combined shooting percentage of everyone with whom a player has shared the ice at even-strength is a consequence of several factors, including their combined shooting talent, the average quality of their opponents, the player’s own ability to set up his teammates and, of course, lots of luck.