That was a gut-punch loss, hey folks? Anyone old enough was probably reminded of Brian Skudland’s record setting fastest-play-off-OT-goal-ever against the Flames in ’86 when Havlat’s shot snuck through Jokinen and Kipper 12 seconds into the extra frame…
Anyways, I went around ye olde intrawebs this morning and collected some reactions.
– First, my own thoughts.
– Next, Second City comments. Their observations sync up well with my own.
– Oilers writer David Staples, now bereft of a home team to write about, turns his new “error” stat towards the Flames.
– Jonathan of CoppernBlue (and Oilers Nation) shares his observations as well.
(It’s always interesting to read the thoughts of a party not involved in the fight. The biases of the contending fan bases tend to be excluded).
– I submitted a round one piece to Cycle Like the Sedins which was published today. This link will take you to a “satellite” blog which includes both my take and the perspective of a Hawks fan.
– Flames Insider Scott Cruickshank notes that the Blackhawks aren’t going to be intimidated by physical play while Andy Sportak says that Mike Cammalleri is unlikely to be suspended for his elbow on Martin Havlat.
Let me know if I’ve missed any other notables in the comments.