The Nation sites have been so busy today that I haven’t even been able to login until just now. The fan passion for this site has been amazing for everyone here, and today was another demonstration of that. Anyways, I just got this email from a friend and I thought everyone deserved to see it.
Eklund’s Morning Predictions
* There will be less than 15 signings on the first day due to cap restrictions, but there will be several trade rumors and at least 3 trades that make signings happen…
* Beauchemin to either Montreal or Tampa
* Ohlund to LA, NJ, or Anaheim (or maybe a real surprise)
* Saku Koivu to Anaheim
* Knuble will re-sign with Philly
* Hossa will be a domino after Heatley decides if he wants to go to Edmonton or NY
* Martin Biron will sign with Avalanche or Oilers
* Cammalleri will sign with Buffalo, Nashville or Toronto
* The Sedins will sign in Montreal
* Komisarek will sign in NJ or the New York Islanders, but don’t rule out a return to the Habs.
* The Hawks will attempt to move Huet and bring back Bulin
* Havlat will not be signed today, but will likely end up back in Chicago
* The Rangers will attempt to spend their money. Although I dont see it happening, expect Vinny rumors if Heatley goes to Edmonton.
* The Thrashers will make a few really solid signings, that no one will expect.
* The Wild will get in on Hossa and make another play for Heatley (and possibly Vinny)
* The Islanders will make a play for a major player as well. if not Komisarek, maybe Ohlund
* Kaberle to Boston for Kessel will be revisited.