There isn’t much in the way of big news for the Calgary Flames this week, as the hockey world chills out a bit as we enjoyed the final games of the Stanley Cup Final.
But we have a bit of minor news, as the Flames have announced the pre-season schedule for the 2015-16 season.
- September 21: Calgary at Edmonton AND Edmonton at Calgary, in the annual simultaneous split-squad series of games
- September 24: Calgary at Colorado
- September 25: Vancouver at Calgary
- September 26: Calgary at Vancouver
- September 29: Colorado at Calgary
- October 1: Calgary at Winnipeg
- October 3: Winnipeg at Calgary
The Flames played nine pre-season games last season, featuring a pair of games against each of Edmonton, Winnipeg, Colorado and Vancouver, and the Kraft Hockeyville game with Arizona. In other words, aside from the lack of a Hockeyville game, it’s the exact same schedule as last season with the same number of home and away contests against the same teams, as well as the three-in-three sequence of games from September 24-26, which will likely be followed by the first swath of large-scale assignments to Stockton’s training camp.
The regular season schedule will likely be announced in mid-July.