The 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs are now complete, with the Chicago Blackhawks capturing the Stanley Cup. The completion of the Cup Final officially ends the 2014-15 calendar, and brings with it the beginning of the run-up to the 2015-16 season.
And one interesting part of that is the announcement by the sports books of the betting odds for the 2016 Stanley Cup winners. The Blackhawks have predictably opened as 7-1 favourites, but the Calgary Flames aren’t too far behind (all things considered), opening at 40-1 odds.
Here are the full odds in order, courtesy of Bovada:
- 7-1: Chicago
- 8-1: NY Rangers
- 10-1: Anaheim
- 12-1: St. Louis & Tampa Bay
- 14-1: Los Angeles, Minnesota, Montreal & Pittsburgh
- 16-1: Boston & Nashville
- 18-1: Washington
- 22-1: NY Islanders
- 25-1: Winnipeg
- 33-1: Columbus, Detroit & Edmonton
- 40-1: Calgary, San Jose & Vancouver
- 50-1: Ottawa
- 66-1: Colorado, Dallas, New Jersey, Philadelphia & Toronto
- 75-1: Florida
- 100-1: Arizona, Buffalo & Carolina
For the curious, the Flames opened last season as 75-1 underdogs to win it all (tied with Buffalo & Florida for dirt-worst), while the Blackhawks were 7-1 favourites.