The off-season is a time for growth and renewal in sports, and the same goes for sports media. We’ve had a busy season here at FlamesNation and we’re looking for a few new voices to join our team going forward.
We’re seeking talented, opinionated individuals to join our writing staff. The successful candidate(s) will join our team on a trial basis over the summer and, if there’s a good fit, they’ll become part of the team going forward into next season.
What are we looking for?
– The ideal applicant should be a Flames fan, or at least someone who knows the team really well. We’re looking for somebody who can dig into what the Flames are doing and write about them critically.
– We’d like someone who’s generally curious about the Flames, the game of hockey, and where they’re both headed.
– Applicants should have some writing background, preferably in sports/hockey.
– Applicants should have at least a passing familiarity with advanced stats/analysis in hockey. You don’t have to be a stats guru or anything, but some knowledge in this area (or a willingness to learn) is a big asset.
– Please have enough time or availability to write on a regular basis. We’re not so much fixated on writing a lot as much as writing often enough that you can develop a rhythm.
– Ideally, we want to add unique perspectives to the discussion of the Flames, so be ready to sell us on what you bring to the table that makes your voice unique.
– Applicants need to have a sense of humor. (Brush up on your memes and Simpsons trivia.)
If this sounds like you or someone you know, please send me an email introducing yourself (with your name, Twitter handle, writing interests and a writing sample or two) to [email protected] and we’ll talk.