Good news, everybody! Every single Calgary Flames regular season game will be broadcast live on television and on the radio in 2019-20. Sportsnet announced their broadcast schedule on Tuesday morning with all the details.
All 82 games on TV, including:
- 15 national games on Hockey Night in Canada
- 10 national games on Sportnet
- 38 regional games on Sportsnet West
- 5 regional games on Sportsnet Flames
- 8 national games on Sportsnet ONE
- 6 national games on Sportsnet 360
As has become traditional, one Flames preseason game will be broadcast. It’ll be the Victoria split squad game hosted by the Vancouver Canucks on Mon., Sept. 16, with the Canucks’ regional broadcast team.
Every single regular season and pre-season game will be covered live on Sportsnet 960 The Fan.
The broadcast teams on both Sportsnet platforms is status quo:
- On TV, Rick Ball will be the primary play-by-play voice and joined by Kelly Hrudey (most of the time) and Cassie Campbell-Pascall (the rest of the time) on colour. Typically, Hrudey didn’t work games on the weekend or immediately before due to his Hockey Night in Canada commitments. Ryan Leslie continues to host the broadcasts.
- On the radio, it’s the usual team of Derek Wills and Peter Loubardias covering every game. Our pal Pat Steinberg will continue to host the pre-game, game, post-game, Overtime call-in show, and sweep up after the broadcasts are over.
We’ve come a long way since the olden days when only half of Flames games were televised.