Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
Gager and Kass are finally back together in the studio!
The boys start things off starting about Milan Lucic and James Neal and how the trade is working out for both the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers.
They give their choices on GMs who have made trades and they should’ve been fired for, while Kass has a good story about a former teammate (who was surprisingly traded).
They touch on the San Jose Sharks and re-signing Patrick Marleau.
Which takes them into the Popeye’s Poll Question: Which start is most surprising?
- Carolina (4-0)
- Oilers (3-0)
- Buffalo (3-0-1)
- San Jose (0-4)
Kris Abbot from Odds Shark calls in to talk about some of the best betting trends around the NHL and to give his Best Bets for the weekend.
Kass and Gager give their thoughts on afternoon games and how they effect a player’s preparation, and they talk about Bo Horvat being named the captain of the Vancouver Canucks.
Keep it or Clip it:
- Lucic will make the Flames for difficult to beat in the playoffs.
- Pavel Bure is the best player in Canucks history.
- The Ottawa Senators should tank hard.
- Friends was a garbage tv show.
- The Montreal Canadiens are better off with Shea Weber than PK Subban.
- The @Winnipeg should trade for Mark Pysyk
- Fruit-by-the-Foot was the best snack to have in your lunch as a kid.
- Oscar Klefbom will be a 50-point D-man if healthy.
And Gager closes the show talking up the Philadelphia Flyers’ Carter Hart and the best junior hockey goaltenders.
Check out today’s episode below:
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on FacebookLive starting at Noon MST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!