Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
Kass is late to today’s episode, but the boys get into to talking about Evander Kane’s allegedly owing $500,000 in gambling chips to the Cosmopolitan Hotel, during the Vegas Golden Knights and San Jose Sharks playoff series last season.
Kris Abbott calls in to give his thoughts on the Evander Kane situation, betting on international tournaments, and trends around the NHL.
They talk about the article Craig MacTavish wrote, talking about his experience coaching overseas in the KHL, and Kass and Gager share other stories about playing in Russia.
They talk about the player’s poll conducted by ESPN, specifically if there is a problem with players using cocaine in the league.
Which brings them to the the Popeyes Poll Question: Should the NHL punish players for recreational drug use?
They play another edition of Keep It or Clip It:
- The Calgary Flames should trade Johnny Gaudreau for Taylor Hall if he’s willing to sign a long-term deal.
- One of the Canadian teams should claim Tomas Jurco or Nic Petan.
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has been disappointing as a 1st overall pick.
- David Pastrnak has a better chance of winning a scoring title than Leon Draisaitl.
- Zack Hyman’s return will get the Leafs on track this season.
- @J.T. Miller was the most important off-season addition for the Canucks.
- Potato chips are the best road trip snack.
- A trade to the Red Wings is exactly what Robby Fabbri needs in his career.
- The Cosmo should send Ryan Reeves to collect the money from Evander Kane.
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at Noon MST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!