Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
They begin the episode with their thoughts on the Don Cherry incident, and who could fill in on Coach’s Corner.
Then they discuss Sidney Crosby’s injury and the impact it will have on the Pittsburgh Penguins (and Kass gets into the details of the surgery and recovery).
This then takes them to the Popeyes Poll Question: Will the Penguins make the playoffs with Crosby out for six weeks?
They discuss the New York Islanders amazing start, and the effect of having kids can have on a player’s season.
Kris Abbott from Odds Shark calls in to give some tips to approaching betting in the NHL.
With the launch of Disney+, they have brief discussion about their favourite Disney movies before getting into another round of Keep It or Clip It:
- The Calgary Flames should’ve kept Dougie Hamilton.
- Pickles on a sandwich are delicious.
- The Ottawa Senators need the 1st overall more than the Detroit Red Wings.
- The Edmonton Oilers should start Mikko Koskinen against the Colorado Avalanche.
- Cale Makar will be a Norris Trophy finalist.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs could fire Mike Babcock.
- A grown man shouldn’t wear pyjamas.
- Thacher Demko has been the more impressive rookie than Quinn Hughes for the Vancouver Canucks.
- Dusty should cut his cable and only use streaming services.
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at Noon MST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!