The National Hockey League has released their 2022-23 regular season schedule and the Calgary Flames have their dance card set from October 2022 through April 2023. As is always the case, the Flames will play 82 games – 41 home and 41 away.
The season begins with the Flames hosting the Colorado Avalanche on Oct. 13, followed by a trip to Edmonton on Oct. 15 for the first Saturday night of the season. That’s followed by eight games at home (Oct. 18 – Nov. 5), as part of a stretch where the Flames play nine of their first 10 games at home and do not leave Alberta until early November.
The Flames have one other lengthy (5+ game) home stand, a five-gamer that runs from Nov. 29 through Dec. 7. Aside from that, it’s a lot of short home stretches.
On the flip side, they have three long road trips:
- Six games, running from Nov. 17-26.
- Five games, running from Jan. 8-16
- Five games, running from Jan. 27 to Feb. 13, but that straddles the All-Star Break – it’s really a one-gamer and a four-gamer
The schedule involves 10 back-to-back sets for the Flames.
In a weird quirk, the Flames play consecutive road games in the same city twice: Dec. 18 & 20 in San Jose and Jan. 10 & 12 in St. Louis.
The schedule features just three Battles of Alberta against Edmonton: Oct. 15 in Edmonton, Oct. 29 in Calgary and Dec. 27 in Calgary.
The home games largely start at the standard times – 7 p.m. MT on weekdays and 8 p.m. MT on weeknights, aside from a few exceptions:
- Sat. Nov. 5 at 2 p.m. (against New Jersey)
- Mon., Nov. 14 at 7:30 p.m. (against Los Angeles)
- Wed., Dec. 7 at 6 p.m. (against Minnesota)
- Wed., Dec. 14 at 8 p.m. (against Vancouver)
- Sat., Jan. 21 at 1 p.m. (against Tampa Bay)
- Mon., Jan. 23 at 7:30 p.m. (against Columbus)
- Mon., Feb. 20 at 2 p.m. (against Philadelphia)
- Sat., Mar. 25 at 2 p.m. (against San Jose)
- Sun. Apr. 2 at 6 p.m. (against Anaheim)
- Mon., Apr. 10 at 7:30 p.m. (against Nashville)
It’s not a particularly good or bad schedule, it’s just a little weird.
Looking to up your fantasy hockey game? DailyFaceoff has the tools you need for both daily and season-long fantasy leagues, including a lineup optimizer, daily projections, and a whole lot more. Sign up for the DailyFaceoff tools here.