Do you think the Flames trade Monahan?
— Shawn H (@Flames1997H) July 12, 2021
Assuming Giordano goes to Seattle, what would you rather target in a Monahan trade: forward depth or a top 4 LD?
— Rob (@trckrdr) July 12, 2021
If @RyanNPike was the gm what would you do this summer to make the roster more competitive.
— Nathan (@nsmigel) July 12, 2021
- Send a third round pick to Seattle to convince them to take Oliver Kylington. (This might not work, but I wouldn’t want to spend more than this to keep Mark Giordano.)
- Trade Sean Monahan to Columbus or Ottawa for a second round pick and a B-level prospect (position unimportant, but slight preference to defensemen).
- Use part of the Monahan cap space to sign Phillip Danault long-term at free agency.
- Use part of the Monahan cap space to re-sign Johnny Gaudreau to a contract extension.
- Use part of the Monahan cap space to re-sign Andrew Mangiapane to a contract extension.
- Back-fill the team with prospects (Jakob Pelletier, Connor Zary, Glenn Gawdin, Matthew Phillips, etc.) and bank on their development to push the team forward.
A GM's job is to win and entertain the fans, why are NHL GM's not as cut throat as other sports. There are a ton of players that could be offer sheeted on teams that are up against the cap, Makar, Petterson, Heiskanen, Hughes, Garland, do the Flames go after someone?
— Rob Tullis (@PreveaArt) July 12, 2021
Is Parsons on his way back to the potential he was drafted at and is Wolfe the real deal?
— asimpleplan (@asimpleplan1) July 12, 2021
Which move would hurt the club more, trading Backlund or Monahan?
Of the two, who might garner the “better” return not so much the biggest?
— Brett 🐻 (@flamesfan419gm) July 12, 2021
What would it take to convince the Kraken to take Lucic in the ED? Since Gio is the better player for the flames with one year left on his contract and less internal options to replace him, would this theoretical deal to take Lucic and his remaining two years make sense?
— iwantedfreemusic (@espinosa_peter) July 12, 2021