Back on Apr. 13, 2014, Calgary Flames top prospect Johnny Gaudreau made his National Hockey League debut and registered his first NHL point (a goal). On Saturday, 524 games into his career, Gaudreau registered his 500th NHL point (an assist).
Here’s some key facts and tidbits about Gaudreau’s 500 points.
- Point 1 was on Apr. 13, 2014 in Vancouver (Game 1), a goal by Gaudreau.
- Point 100 was on Dec. 22, 2015 at home against Winnipeg (Game 115), a goal by Gaudreau.
- Point 200 was on Mar. 27, 2017 at home against Colorado (Game 226), an assist on a goal by Micheal Ferland.
- Point 300 was on Oct. 21, 2018 in New York against the Rangers (Game 320), a goal by Gaudreau.
- Point 400 was on Oct. 31, 2019 in Nashville (Game 409), an assist on a goal by Matthew Tkachuk.
- Point 500 was on Oct. 23, 2021 in Washington (Game 524), an assist on a goal by Elias Lindholm.
The first 100 points took 115 games. The second 100 took 111 games. The third 100 took 94 games. The fourth 100 took 89 games. The fifth 100 took 115 games.
Gaudreau has scored 170 goals against 77 different goaltenders (and nine different empty nets).
The goalies Gaudreau has most frequently victimized are Kari Lehtonen (6), Freddie Andersen (5), Marc-Andre Fleury (5), Jonathan Quick (5), Antti Raanta (5) and Mike Smith (5).
41 different players have registered assists on goals scored by Gaudreau. The most frequent assisters on Gaudreau goals are Sean Monahan (78), Mark Giordano (29), TJ Brodie (21), Elias Lindholm (21) and Jiri Hudler (18).
Gaudreau has registered five hat tricks in his NHL career.
The teams Gaudreau has scored the most against are Edmonton (15), Winnipeg (11), Vancouver (10), Dallas (9) and Arizona and Boston (both 8).
Joe Colborne and Chris Breen registered assists on Gaudreau’s first NHL goal. (It was one of two points in Breen’s NHL career.)
Gaudreau has registered 320 assists on goals scored by 41 different players. Among those 41 goal-scorers include # different Flames first round selections – Mikael Backlund, Sam Bennett, Mark Jankowski, Sean Monahan, Matthew Tkachuk and Juuso Välimäki – and future Hockey Hall of Famer Jaromir Jagr, whose final NHL goal was set up by Gaudreau.
The most frequent goal-scorers who had goals set up by Gaudreau are Monahan (103), Lindholm (45), Matthew Tkachuk (24), Giordano (23) and Micheal Ferland (17).
The teams Gaudreau has registered assists against the most are Vancouver (28), Nashville (20), Los Angeles (19), Anaheim (17) and Chicago, Montreal and New Jersey (each 15).
What’s your most memorable Johnny Gaudreau moment? Share yours in the comments!