The Calgary Flames’ COVID-19 outbreak continues to expand. The club announced on Thursday morning that two additional players have been added to the protocol: Dillon Dube and Oliver Kylington. (A staff member was also added.)
#Flames Roster Update: Dillon Dube, Oliver Kylington and 1 member of the support staff have entered the NHL’s COVID-19 Protocol.
— Calgary Flames (@NHLFlames) December 16, 2021
The two players make it 18 players total currently in the protocol (and 30 members of the organization total):
- Goaltender Jacob Markstrom
- Defensemen Rasmus Andersson, Chris Tanev, Nikita Zadorov, Erik Gudbranson, Oliver Kylington and Noah Hanifin
- Forwards Johnny Gaudreau, Brad Richardson, Milan Lucic, Tyler Pitlick, Trevor Lewis, Sean Monahan, Elias Lindholm, Byron Froese, Adam Ruzicka, Dillon Dube and Andrew Mangiapane
- Head coach Darryl Sutter, associate coach Kirk Muller, assistant coach Ryan Huska
- Nine members of the club’s support staff
Not in the protocol, for now:
- Goaltender Dan Vladar
- Defensemen Michael Stone
- Forwards Mikael Backlund, Matthew Tkachuk and Blake Coleman (and injured forward Brett Ritchie)
Here’s when each individual entered the protocol and when they could exit (if everyone is asymptomatic and everything goes perfectly well, assuming everyone tested positive the day before they were announced as in the protocol):
- Dec. 13: Lindholm, Mangiapane, Richardson, Ruzicka, Tanev and Zadorov (potentially exiting Dec. 22)
- Dec. 14: Hanifin, Lucic and Monahan (potentially exiting Dec. 23)
- Dec. 15: Andersson, Froese, Gaudreau, Gudbranson, Lewis, Markstrom and Pitlick (and the coaches) (potentially exiting Dec. 24)
- Dec. 16: Dube and Kylington (potentially exiting Dec. 25)
This is obviously a fluid situation, so take any target dates with the appropriate amount of salt.
The Flames are currently scheduled to play Anaheim on Dec. 21 and Seattle on Dec. 23, but those dates are subject to possible postponement by the NHL depending on how this situation continues to unfold.
We’ll have more on this story as it continues to develop.
Looking to up your fantasy hockey game? DailyFaceoff has the tools you need for both daily and season-long fantasy leagues, including a lineup optimizer, daily projections, and a whole lot more. Sign up for the DailyFaceoff tools here.