2022-23 schedule announced for (still unnamed) Calgary AHL team
By Ryan Pike6 months ago
The American Hockey League schedule has been released and we now have dates for the 72 games that the Calgary Flames’ new AHL affiliate, located in Calgary, will play. Per the AHL and the Flames, the as-yet-unnamed AHL team will be playing out of the Scotiabank Saddledome.
The AHl club will play 72 games, 36 home and 36 away – starting with a Sun., Oct. 16 game against the expansion Coachella Valley Firebirds.
This is the first AHL season with 32 teams and the first AHL season since 2014-15 where all the teams play the same number of games (72). Prior to that, the Pacific Division teams played fewer games, which created an imbalanced league schedule.
Here are the other Pacific teams and how often the AHL Flames will play them.
- Abbotsford Canucks (Vancouver) – 12 games
- Bakersfield Condors (Edmonton) – 8 games
- Coachella Valley Firebirds (Seattle) – 8 games
- Colorado Eagles (Colorado) – 8 games
- Henderson Silver Knights (Vegas) – 8 games
- Ontario Reign (Los Angeles) – 8 games
- San Diego Gulls (Anaheim) – 8 games
- San Jose Barracuda (San Jose) – 4 games
- Tucson Roadrunners (Arizona) – 4 games
The AHL Flames will also play the Manitoba Moose, Winnipeg’s farm team, four times to round out their schedule.
We’ll have more details on the Flames’ AHL team – including their name, logo and further details – as they become available.
Want to watch the next generation of hockey stars before they make the show? The World Junior Championship is coming to Edmonton and this is your call to grab tickets! Get your tickets here.
Recent articles from Ryan Pike