Flames release 2022-23 broadcast schedule
Photo credit:Sergei Belski-USA TODAY Sports
By Ryan Pike2 months ago
The Calgary Flames and Sportsnet have released their broadcast schedule for the upcoming 2022-23 season! It’s extremely similar to what Flames fans have become accustomed to in the past, with all regular season games broadcast on Sportsnet TV and Sportsnet radio.
The Flames will have 22 games broadcast nationally on Sportsnet, along with 60 regional games. Rick Ball and Kelly Hrudey will be on the call for most games, with Ryan Leslie hosting. While not specified in the media release, it seems reasonable to assume that when Hrudey is away for Hockey Night in Canada panel duties, someone will sub in for him – it was primarily Cassie Campbell-Pascall last season, though others subbed in when she was tied up with other media commitments.
For the channel breakdown:
- 14 games are listed as “Hockey Night in Canada,” so they’ll be available nationally on one (or more) of CBC, Sportsnet’s national feed, City TV, Sportsnet One or Sportsnet 360, depending on the week
- 13 games are listed as Sportsnet, which usually refers to the national feed
- 38 games are listed as Sportsnet West
- 10 games are listed as Sportsnet ONE
- 4 games are listed as Sportsnet Flames
- 3 games are listed as Sportsnet 360
(Channels are always subject to change, so check your local listings before game time!)
All regular season games will be on Sportsnet 960 The Fan, per usual. Derek Wills and Peter Loubardias are on the call, with our pal Pat Steinberg hosting. (Thanks, Pat!)
The 2022-23 regular season begins on Oct. 13 when the Flames host the Colorado Avalanche.
Recent articles from Ryan Pike