Do you know what the plan is for Emil Heineman? What type of player is he? Do you think he has a legitimate shot at being an NHL player?
— Ring of Fire CGY (@RingOfFireCGY) August 8, 2021
Heineman is a very good shooter and he brings a high-level motor with a willingness to bang along the boards. A quality addition to the Calgary prospect pool who could turn into what Bennett had become with a better shot.
IF the Flames miss the playoffs, A) should Treliving be replaced and B) who would potential replacement candidates be?
— Westrons (@W3stron) August 8, 2021
Project the opening night roster with lines and pairs 🙂
— G J (@The_Greggers) August 8, 2021
Mangiapane – Monahan – Coleman
Dube – Backlund – Pitlick
Lucic – Gawdin – Lewis
Zadorov – Andersson
Valimaki – Kylington
– Out of Pelletier, Zary, and Coronato, who are the Flames most likely to part with in a trade?
– What kind of futures can Matthew Tkachuk return in a trade?
– Confidence on Gaudreau signing an extension? Are he and the Flames waiting on a trade to happen before signing?
— m (@miletwt) August 8, 2021
- Of Pelletier, Zary or Coronato, I would suspect the Flames would be most likely to part with Pelletier, as he’s the oldest of the three and arguably has the least pure offensive upside. That said, the club thinks very highly of all three of them and are in no hurry to ship any of them out.
- A team acquiring Tkachuk right now would get two years of player control before unrestricted free agency kicks in. Based on that, I would estimate he’d land them a first round pick and a pretty good prospect from whoever he’s traded to.
- My personal confidence on Gaudreau re-signing is 8.5 out of 10.
Do you think the Flames should not add more players via trade as they are more than one player away from contending for the cup. Also Is it time to let younger drafted players get a real look to allow for more salary cap flexibility to sign there own guys?
— Terry (@monks737) August 8, 2021
Who are the possibilities as team captain to replace Gio? I see Tanev with an 'A', for sure.
— Maureen Brennan (@mbbrennan) August 8, 2021
Rumours suck — Can you set us straight?
— the fall (@ReefnBeef1) August 8, 2021
As we head towards the 2021/2022 season. Where do you think the flames will end up in terms of pacific standings by the end of the year? Also what are reasonable expectations for this group Eichel or not?
— Erik Dickson (@RikyBerta69) August 8, 2021
Who do you see as defensive pairings this year? Do you see the flames trading for another defenseman or adding from within the organization? Which type of defenseman do you see the flames going after ( offensive/ defensive)? Any available defenseman with good metrics/analytics?
— ⚡CRIMSON⚡ (@CrimsonStrmTrpr) August 8, 2021
When should we expect a Monahan trade?
What will Johnny’s next contract look like?
Who is our no.1 defenseman?
Is Lindholm really a C? Really? I mean really?
— Cameron Hilton (@cameron_hilton) August 8, 2021
- The Flames have reportedly been shopping Monahan for the last two off-seasons with no success. The challenge may be Monahan’s consistency and injury history, which may be inter-related.
- I would guess Gaudreau’s extension would be long-term – somewhere between six and eight seasons – and a cap hit somewhere around $8.5 million. I have no inside information, but this is a guess based on other recent contracts signed by wingers.
- At this point, Noah Hanifin is probably the team’s de facto #1 defenseman.
- Elias Lindholm is really a centre. Really.