2022 Flames Second Round Targets: Potential targets at a glance
Photo credit:Eric Bolte-USA TODAY Sports
By Ryan Pike8 months ago
The second day of the 2022 NHL Draft is upon us and the Calgary Flames will make their first pick of the event at 59th overall in the second round. Over the past few weeks, we’ve compiled profiles of potential second-rounders in our Second Round Targets series.
We’ve organized those profiles for your convenience.
To decide which players to profile, we looked at first and second round-ranked players on eight major draft rankings:
- FC Hockey
- Dobber Prospects
- TSN’s Bob McKenzie
- TSN’s Craig Button
- The Athletic’s Scott Wheeler
- The Athletic’s Corey Pronman
- Chris Peters
- Smaht Scouting
We averaged out everybody’s rankings and then looked at which players, in the consensus aggregate, fell between 50th and 65th, and then we profiled as many of those players as we could.
|50||Rieger Lorenz||C/L||Mar. ’04||Okotoks (AJHL)|
|51||Elias Salomonsson||D/R||Aug. ’04||Skelleftea AIK (J20/SHL)|
|52||Mats Lindgren||D/L||Aug. ’04||Kamloops (WHL)|
|53||Adam Ingram||LW/L||Oct. ’03||Youngstown (USHL)|
|54||Simon Forsmark||D/L||Oct. ’03||Orebro HK (J20/SHL)|
|55||Matyas Sapovaliv||LW/L||Feb. ’04||Saginaw (OHL)|
|56||Noah Warren||D/R||Jul. ’04||Gatineau (QMJHL)|
|57||Adam Sykora||LW/L||Sept. ’04||HK Nitra (Tipsport Liga/U20)|
|58||Vladimir Grudinin||D/L||Dec. ’03||CSKA Moskva (MHL/VHL/KHL)|
|59||Alexander Perevalov||LW/R||Apr. ’04||Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (MHL/KHL/VHL)|
|60||Paul Ludwinski||C/L||Apr. ’04||Kingston (OHL)|
|61||Tomas Hamara||D/L||Mar. ’04||Tappara (Liiga/SM-sarja)|
KeuPa HT (Mestis)
|62||Matthew Poitras||C/R||Mar. ’04||Guelph (OHL)|
|63||Jordan Gustafson||LW/L||Jan. ’04||Seattle (WHL)|
|64||Fraser Minten||LW/L||Jul. ’04||Kamloops (WHL)|
|65||Devin Kaplan||RW/R||Jan. ’04||U.S. National Dev. Program (USHL)|
In addition, we profiled a pair of players that were ranked higher than 50th that we felt had the potential to slide down the rankings:
- Gleb Trikozov (39th), who could slide because of the Russian Factor.
- Julian Lutz (46th), who could slide because of some injury challenges in his draft year.
We also looked at a few prospects that tracked lower than 65th on the consensus aggregate, but were ranked higher on a few rankings (enough that we felt that they merited some attention):
- Kasper Kulonummi (67th) – Chris Peters has 50th, Corey Pronman has 53rd, Dobber Prospects has 54th
- Ludwig Persson (68th) – Dobber Prospects has 45th, Scott Wheeler has 49th
- Bryce McConnell-Barker (69th) – Corey Pronman has 48th, Scott Wheeler has 57th, Bob McKenzie has 58th
- Dylan James (77th) – Bob McKenzie & Chris Peters have 61st, Ryan Kennedy has 62nd
- Aleksanteri Kaskimaki (86th) – Smaht Scouting has 54th, Ryan Kennedy has 55th, Scott Wheeler has 61st
- Otto Salin (87th) – Ryan Kennedy has 52nd
- Vinzenz Rohrer (94th) – FC Hockey has 61st, Scott Wheeler has 62nd
- Artyom Duda (95th) – Chris Peters has 64th
Which potential second-rounder do you think would be the best bet for the Flames at 59th overall? Let us know your picks in the comments!
THIS ARTICLE BROUGHT TO YOU BY DAILYFACEOFF
Looking to up your fantasy hockey game? DailyFaceoff has the tools you need for both daily and season-long fantasy leagues, including a lineup optimizer, daily projections, and a whole lot more. Sign up for the DailyFaceoff tools here.
More from FlamesNation
Recent articles from Ryan Pike