Calgary Flames add Dan Vladar to COVID-19 protocol
Photo credit:Bob DeChiara-USA TODAY Sports
By Ryan Pike1 year ago
After three days of good COVID-19 news, the Calgary Flames had some bad news on Tuesday. Goaltender Dan Vladar has been entered into the COVID-19 protocol, per the club.
Vladar is the 20th Flames player to enter the protocol. Among the club’s 24 healthy and injured players, only Matthew Tkachuk, Blake Coleman, Michael Stone and Brett Ritchie have avoided entering the protocol.
Based on when players were entered into the COVID protocol, here’s roughly when we can expect players to exit (operating under the assumption that everyone tested positive the day before they entered the protocol, and that they all remained asymptomatic):
- Dec. 22: Lindholm, Mangiapane, Richardson, Ruzicka, Tanev and Zadorov (entered protocol on Dec. 13)
- Dec. 23: Hanifin, Lucic and Monahan (entered protocol on Dec. 14)
- Dec. 24: Andersson, Froese, Gaudreau, Gudbranson, Lewis, Markström and Pitlick (and the coaches) (entered protocol on Dec. 15)
- Dec. 25: Dube and Kylington (entered protocol on Dec. 16)
- Dec. 26: Backlund (entered protocol on Dec. 17)
- Dec. 30: Vladar (entered protocol on Dec. 21)
Based on this development, it seems likely that the Flames will need to summon a goaltender for their Dec. 27 game against Edmonton.
THIS ARTICLE BROUGHT TO YOU BY DAILYFACEOFF
Looking to up your fantasy hockey game? DailyFaceoff has the tools you need for both daily and season-long fantasy leagues, including a lineup optimizer, daily projections, and a whole lot more. Sign up for the DailyFaceoff tools here.
Recent articles from Ryan Pike