Flames unveil 2021-22 regular season schedule
Photo credit:Sergei Belski-USA TODAY Sports
By Ryan Pike1 year ago
Good news, everyone! We have the dates – but not the times – for the 82 games that comprise the Calgary Flames’ 2021-22 regular season schedule!
- Here’s the breakdown: 41 home, 41 away (duh).
- Within the Pacific Division, the Flames will play five teams four times apiece (Edmonton, Seattle, Vancouver, Anaheim, San Jose) and two teams three times (Los Angeles and Vegas).
- All other Western Conference teams, they’ll play three times.
- All Eastern Conference teams, they’ll play twice.
- Opening night is Oct. 16 (Saturday night) in Edmonton.
- The home opener is Oct. 18 (Monday night) against Anaheim.
- Mark Giordano visits with Seattle for the first time on Dec. 23, the last game before Christmas.
- The Olympic/All-Star Break for Calgary is Feb. 3-23.
- Good road trips to try out:
- Oct. 23-26: Washington (23rd), Manhattan (25th) and New Jersey (26th), part of a longer five-game trek involving Detroit (21st) and Pittsburgh (28th).
- Nov. 11-14: Montreal (11th), Toronto (12th) and Ottawa (14th), though the weather might be a bit chilly for that. This is part of a longer trip with stops in Philadelphia, Buffalo, Long Island and Boston.
- Dec. 2-5: Los Angeles (2nd), Anaheim (3rd) and Vegas (5th), with San Jose tacked onto the end on Dec. 7. That’s the only Flames road game in Vegas of the season.
- Jan. 4-6: Florida (4th) and Tampa Bay (6th).
- Apr. 4-6: Los Angeles (4th) and Anaheim (6th).
The longest road trip is seven games (Nov. 11-21), including the first Islanders home game at the new UBS Arena on Nov. 20.
The Flames have four five-game home-stands spread throughout the season.
Recent articles from Ryan Pike