The 2023-24 FlamesNation fantasy league: Weekend update
Photo credit:Sergei Belski-USA TODAY Sports
1 month ago
A crew of brave people have agreed to participate in a public league where their roster moves and match-ups are going to be public. A character cast of FlamesNation writers, podcast hosts, and Oilers fans all coming together to try and become the inaugural champion.
This is the first update going into the first weekend.
- Zach Laing ($18M Over the Cap) – added FLA Aaron Ekblad (D)
- Brett Holden (Dude Where’s Makar?) – added EDM Connor Brown (F)
- Ryan Pinder (Drunk Broadcaster) – added CBJ Zach Werenski (D)
- Ryan Pinder – added PHI Travis Konecny (F)
- Gavin Turinek (Gavin T’s Groovy Team) – added VAN Brock Boeser (F) // dropped OTT Vladimir Tarasenko (F)
- PJ Parmer (PJs Phenomenal Team) – added ARI Logan Cooley (F)
- Ryan Pinder – added CAR Jacob Slavin (D)
- Brett Holden – added MIN Brock Faber (D) // dropped NJD Luke Hughes (D)
- Shane Stevenson (Do Juuse the Point in Warmups?) – added TOR Jon Klingberg (D)
- Gavin Turinek – added OTT Vladimir Tarasenko (F)… he must have missed him
- Brett Holden – added EDM Jack Campbell (G) // dropped EDM Connor Brown (F)
- Gavin Turinek – added OTT Anton Forsberg (G) // dropped BOS Jeremy Swayman (G)
No big waiver fights yet – Gavin keeps swapping Senators for Senators, he may actually end up with an entire roster of Sens by week 3 at this pace – Brett can’t decide if he’s happy or mad at the Oilers – Pinder was smart and used his IR+ and LTIR spots early which made me feel super dumb – Zach did that too so I felt double dumb.
Sneaky best add? PJ picking up Cooley.
This week’s match-ups
Shane Stevenson vs. Robert Munnich (Tanev’s Teeth)
57 vs 49
I thought I was going to cruise into the weekend with a massive lead and then Jack Hughes and the Devils went off on Friday night bringing Robert right back into it. Hanging by a thread here in week one.
PJ Parmer vs Ryan Pike (The Mighty Pikes)
58 vs 51
Vince Dunn and Dylan Larkin have been PJ’s MVP this week while Pike had Joel Eriksson Ek and mayor of Nashville Leon Draisaitl help him the most. This one is anyone’s match with a full slate of Saturday games ahead.
Gavin Turinek vs. Paige Siewert (Hungry like the Wolf)
35 vs 35
Dead even with two days remaining Gavin has only one move remaining. If still tied on Sunday Paige could use her moves to her advantage to try and steal a victory. Paige also has McDavid so Gavin is lucky he’s got a shot this late in the week.
Zach Laing vs. Ryan Pinder
60 vs 51
Zach has the most points going into the weekend of anyone – Sam Reinhart leads his team with a current 11 fantasy points. His whole team has been producing in the early stages. Pinder is getting a whole lot out of his defence in Heiskanen and Slavin but Patrick Laine and Robert Thomas have laid him goose eggs.
Cami Kepke (Cami is Trying Her Best) vs. Brett Holden
56 vs. 42
Cami is the first person with a clear cut goaltender as her weeks MVP – COL Alexander Georgiev has 11 fantasy points. Brett has EDM Zach Hyman with 12 fantasy points, but the lower half of his forward lineup can’t seem to produce.
Recent articles from Shane Stevenson